Nine

anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

The songs have all been leaked.

I haven't listened to them all but I liked Penelope's "A Call from the Vatican".
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

OscarGuy wrote:It's fun if you like explosions. The one thing I like about Emmerich compared to say Michael Bay is that Emmerich actually WANTS the audience to see what's going on. Bay just wants things to quickly edit together. I may not like either director's inability to weave a coherent or credible story, but at least Emmerich makes you delight in the destruction in creates.
I just can't imagine giving over a couple of hours of one's life to either of these men's movies. The conversations in Summer Hours are so much more exciting to me than any cinematic explosions.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

It's fun if you like explosions. The one thing I like about Emmerich compared to say Michael Bay is that Emmerich actually WANTS the audience to see what's going on. Bay just wants things to quickly edit together. I may not like either director's inability to weave a coherent or credible story, but at least Emmerich makes you delight in the destruction in creates.

BTW, the escape sequence from Cusack's ex-wife's house towards the airfield is a chaotic, destructively beautiful sequence that dwarfs any visual effects piece that I've seen so far this year.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

Reza wrote:Also can't wait to watch 2012 on the big screen. Opening in Pakistan next Friday during the 4 day Eid holidays. Should be fun.
It's not.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Also can't wait to watch 2012 on the big screen. Opening in Pakistan next Friday during the 4 day Eid holidays. Should be fun.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Saw a couple clips when Nicole Kidman was on Conan last night. It should be good.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I am fairly intrigued. With so few films on my "must see" list...it's good to have one. This and The Lovely Bones are about it that I'm actually excited about this season...and all year, really.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

For the cast alone this film should be worth watching.
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

And me!
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

FilmFan720 wrote:
Greg wrote:
Bog wrote:is no one else excited to see this film?
I am.
Me too
Me three.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Greg wrote:
I am.
Me too
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

I am.
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

No
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

The two new Nine songs have been leaked:

"Cinema Italiano"

"Take It All"

I like it.
Bog
Assistant

Post by Bog »

Sabin wrote:It still doesn't really make me care about this movie.
Really?? I'm extremely excited for this film, maybe I'm alone, but the trailer makes it look great in my opinion. I guess I don't know if I care about whether it amasses the most nominations or really any nominations, but it is the film that I most look forward to these last 2 months. Especially with Invictus seeming pretty bland....is no one else excited to see this film?

Return to “2009”