The Lovely Bones trailer - Looks interesting...

Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

I think Soirse Ronan could become one of the biggest adolescent actors in decades.
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Wow, that looks beautiful.

Can Marky Mark redeem himself after The Happening?
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

The trailer makes me want to see the film. Hard to tell with a brief trailer but it seems Jackson focused on the most cinematic aspects of the book. The afterworld Susie occupies seems a lot more interesting and developed than it was in the book and I am looking forward to seeing more of it. And it appears the main narrative spine is whether the murderer was caught and how the deceased Susie helped make this happen. The novel took place over the span of several years and Susie's surviving sister was the focus. I do not think that will be the case with the film. Fans of the book will howl (like fans of the LOTR trilogy) but I think Jackson will again realize novel readers and film goers have different needs. The LOTR books spent hundreds of pages describing the world in which its characters lived and it was enthralling to read. Jackson focused on getting Frodo, Sam and the ring to Mordor. An attempt to recreate the books on film would have been a disaster. I hope Jackson has made the same good moves.

One good move I noted was dropping a lot of weight. He looks great compared to the last time I saw him.

Edited By kaytodd on 1249518700
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

Do we think this could be a contender?

The Lovely Bones trailer.

Return to “2009”