The Proposal

cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

..Oh! Rating for The Proposal: 7.5
for script, set design and Betty White( Oscar-contender?)
cam
Assistant

Post by cam »

The latest Sanra Bullock for (I forget who it is) who loves her!

We escaped the unusually long heat wave that has overtaken the Northwest, by going to the multiplex to see ANYTHING that started about when we arrived. The choice was between The Proposal and The Hurt Locker, but that latter would see my wife walking out, so it was The Proposal.

The story is good, and an old one: marrying-for-convenience then actual love follows. It could have been Loy-Powell, Rock-Doris, Hepburn/Tracy. But was not, although there were some traces in the script of It Happened One Night.

The performers look good and have great things to say, but when they actually fall in love, there is no chemistry between Bullock and Reynolds.

So, while it was a gratefully cold afternoon, and it was a pleasant film if you can be prepared to forget that these two performers were not mean to to be with one another.

Betty White stole the show as Grammy; as perfect a Supporting Performance as you could wish for, and I will not be surprsied when she is nominated. Maybe even awarded because of her long history in showbiz. Oscar Guy, take note.

Edited By cam on 1248985340

Return to “2009”