Douglas, Stone to make sequel to "Wall Street"

VanHelsing
Assistant

Post by VanHelsing »

Not interested. I'd rather they make Speed 3 with Sandy & Keanu reunited. Thank you.
With a Southern accent...
"Don't you dare lie to me!" and...
"You threaten my congeniality, you threaten me!"

-------

"You shouldn't be doing what you're doing. The truth is enough!"
"Are you and Perry?" ... "Please, Nelle."
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Isn't there a retirement age in America? Wouldn't Gekko / Douglas be too old to still be on Wall Street?? Maybe the plot has him operating out of a retirement home.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Shia LaBeouf to star in `Wall Street' follow up
Jun 4, 6:03 PM (ET)
By SANDY COHEN

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Shia LaBeouf is heading to Wall Street.

The actor confirms he will appear in "Money Never Sleeps," director Oliver Stone's follow up to "Wall Street."

LaBeouf will star opposite Michael Douglas, who won an Oscar for his role in the original 1987 film.

The "Transformers" star describes the film as "a walk and talk money movie" that's "wordy and heady."

Filming begins in August, an experience LaBeouf says should be like taking a college course - he says he has "no concept" of the ins and outs of the financial world.

"I don't know what ... a credit derivative is," LaBeouf said. "I have no idea. I don't know what a CPO is. IPB. LVC. You gotta know ticker names."
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I just got chills reading this. What a fantastic idea. I'm eagerly anticipating this one.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

As sequels go, not at all a bad idea for once.

Douglas, Stone head back to `Wall Street'
Tuesday, April 28, 2009

(04-28) 16:33 PDT LOS ANGELES, (AP) --

Michael Douglas and Oliver Stone may try to tell us that greed is still good with a sequel to their 1987 hit "Wall Street."

Douglas is reprising his role as Gordon Gekko and Stone is on board again to direct the sequel, which for now has the working title "Wall Street 2," said 20th Century Fox spokesman Gregg Brilliant.

Brilliant said the project is timely and relevant given the state of the world.

"We need to keep the story line under wraps, but it's literally ripped from today's headlines," Brilliant said. "It's going to be very big and very cool."

With the economy and financial markets in a tailspin, it will be different times for Douglas' Gekko. In the original film, corporate raider Gekko was a symbol of Wall Street greed and corruption during the boom era of the 1980s.

Gekko has endured because audiences give him the "same kind of respect we've got for the great white shark," Douglas said in an interview Friday with Associated Press Television News for his upcoming life-achievement award from the American Film Institute.

"He's a villain. Gordon Gekko is a great, old-fashioned villain," Douglas said. "And, interestingly enough, if you look at most actors' careers, their biggest achievement, not necessarily success, but (achievement), is playing a bad guy."

Academy Awards voters agreed. Douglas earned the best-actor Oscar for Gekko.

The sequel is scheduled to start shooting this summer. Edward Pressman, who produced "Wall Street," also is back for the sequel, while Allan Loeb ("21") wrote the screenplay.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler

Return to “2009”