Iron Man 2

Franz Ferdinand
Adjunct

Post by Franz Ferdinand »

Ahaha I read that and thought good call. I can't wait to see this movie.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

MovieWes wrote:
flipp525 wrote:
MovieWes wrote:Another part -- one for Stark's assistant Natasha -- is still open.

May I throw Emily Blunt out there as a possibility?

Are you a psychic, or do you have inside information that we don't know about?

Emily Blunt to Star in Iron Man 2?
Source: Variety January 14, 2009

Oh. My. God! As a matter of fact, I actually am psychic. Got it from my mother and my grandmother. Wow. I'm patting myself on the back :cool:. (no inside information, btw)

Edited By flipp525 on 1231975267
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

flipp525 wrote:
MovieWes wrote:Another part -- one for Stark's assistant Natasha -- is still open.

Are you a psychic, or do you have inside information that we don't know about?

Emily Blunt to Star in Iron Man 2?
Source: Variety January 14, 2009

Variety is reporting the rumor that Emily Blunt is in talks to play Natasha Romanoff in Iron Man 2. Romanoff is a Soviet super spy who doubles as Black Widow, a beauty in a skintight black costume that is enhanced by high-tech weaponry.

She would join the previously-announced villains Mickey Rourke and Sam Rockwell in the sequel. Again directed by Jon Favreau, the Marvel Studios film sees the return of Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow, while Don Cheadle is replacing Terrence Howard.

Blunt's credits include The Devil Wears Prada, The Jane Austen Book Club and Charlie Wilson's War. She also stars in The Wolfman, coming to theaters in November.

The Justin Theroux-scripted Iron Man 2 will begin production this spring for a release by Paramount on May 7, 2010.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

With a cast like that, Iron Man 2 is going to be another class act.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
rain Bard
Associate

Post by rain Bard »

Sam Rockwell quite young for Justin Hammer, something of a greying playboy character who hires small-time supervillians to do his dirty work. In the original Iron Man comics, my favorites as a nerdy preteen, the late 1970s-early 1980s Hammer storyline is key- it's the one where we first really see Stark get his comeuppance for his high-living, devil-may-care approach to his personal life.

The Crimson Dynamo is a much earlier character, born (as most major Iron Man villains like Titanium Man, Mandarin, Yellow Claw, Captain Cuba - okay I made that one up) out of the Cold War in the 1960s but still kicking around in the eighties when I was reading. By the time of Glasnost I was already disinterested in the series, so it's fascinating for me to see Dynamo called "evil"- as I remember it the suit was controlled by the KGB and had various people wearing it. That may be a simplified version (I never read most of the really early issues).

Edited By rain Bard on 1231531751
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Rourke and Rockwell are the Iron Man 2 Villains

Source:The Hollywood Reporter, Variety January 7, 2009

Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler) and Sam Rockwell (Frost/Nixon) are in talks to star as the villains in Marvel Studios' Iron Man 2, being directed by Jon Favreau from a script by Justin Theroux, according to Variety and The Hollywood Reporter.

THR says that Rourke would play a tattooed Russian heavy named Ivan who becomes a man with deadly, technologically enhanced coils. Variety adds that Rourke would play the Crimson Dynamo. "He's considered to be an evil version of Iron Man because he battles the superhero in a nuclear-powered suit of armor," says the trade.

Rockwell would play Justin Hammer, a multibillionaire businessman and a rival of industrialist Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man, being played by a returning Robert Downey Jr.

Rourke and Rockwell would be joining a cast that also includes the returning Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle, who is replacing Terrence Howard.

Another part -- one for Stark's assistant Natasha -- is still open.

The project is eyeing a spring start in Manhattan Beach. Paramount will release the movie May 7, 2010.
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
VanHelsing
Assistant

Post by VanHelsing »

MovieWes wrote:And why not replace Gwyneth Paltrow with Sandra Bullock?
That would be PURRRRRRR-FECT and TOTALLLLLLLY make my day!
With a Southern accent...
"Don't you dare lie to me!" and...
"You threaten my congeniality, you threaten me!"

-------

"You shouldn't be doing what you're doing. The truth is enough!"
"Are you and Perry?" ... "Please, Nelle."
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Yikes!

Edited By flipp525 on 1225058904

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

That's why you wash your hands afterward! I mean, holy crap. If she has soap in her bathroom by the sink, she should be ok...
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

flipp525 wrote:
barrybrooks8 wrote:What is the baby wipes thing?

He'll only date a woman if she uses baby wipes to clean herself after she uses the restroom. If he sees regular toilet paper in her bathroom, it's over.

Well do you blame the poor guy?

Cleaning shit with regular toilet paper is like wiping melted chocolate from one's hand....it appears to remove the gook but the stickiness remains....not to mention the smell!

Edited By Reza on 1224086512
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

Maybe in Iron Man 3, they'll cast Ludicrous. And then Larenz Tate in Iron Man 4. And then why not Keith David for Iron Man 5?

Since they already used Terrence Howard and Shaun Toub for Iron Man's sidekicks in the first movie, and Don Cheadle in the second film, what about other Crash cast members like Matt Dillon or Ryan Phillippe or Brendan Fraser or even Michael Pena? Maybe one of them could even replace Robert Downey, Jr. further on down the line. And why not replace Gwyneth Paltrow with Sandra Bullock? Or give Jim Rhodes a love interest and cast Thandie Newton? Maybe they could even get Paul Haggis to replace Jon Favreau one of these days! :p

Edited By MovieWes on 1224009384
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Howard's an egotistical mess...kinda like a less obnoxious version of Jamie Foxx.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

barrybrooks8 wrote:What is the baby wipes thing?
He'll only date a woman if she uses baby wipes to clean herself after she uses the restroom. If he sees regular toilet paper in her bathroom, it's over.

barrybrooks8
Temp

Post by barrybrooks8 »

I also dislike Terrence Howard and his smugness and his "look-at-my-glasses-don't-they-make-me-look-smart." What is the baby wipes thing?
"Jesus! Look at my hands! Now really, I am too young for liver spots. Maybe I can merge them together into a tan."

Return to “2009”