Fox To Adapt 9-year-old's Self-help Book - The Movie Apocalypse Is Near

criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

I read about this book in the paper a couple of weeks ago. I can see a sweet-natured comedy about a 9 year old who writes such a book, but ...

it all sounds kind of silly.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

How they plan to make a movie out of this is beyond me:

Fox to adapt 9-year-old's self-help book
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fox is ready to take advice from a 9-year-old.

The studio has acquired the film rights to "How to Talk to Girls," a cute 46-page self-help tome written by Alex Greven, a Colorado fourth-grader.

Greven wrote "Girls" as a handwritten, $3 pamphlet sold at his school book fair; he wrote it after he noticed his peers were having some trouble talking to the ladies, though the book is geared for all ages. Among this advice: Comb your hair and don't wear sweats; control your hyperness and cut down on sugar if necessary; a crush is like a love disease that can drive you mad; it is easy to spot pretty girls because they have big earrings, fancy dresses and all the jewelry but are like cars that need a lot of oil.

Soon enough Harper Collins picked up the book, which came out in November and quickly became a hit. But initially, Fox, which is like Harper Collins is owned by News Corp ., and its book scouts passed on the title. But when the book hit the town last week, garnering heavy interest from multiple parties, Fox stepped back in and took the book off the table. The deal was in the low-to-mid six figures .

No writers or producers are attached yet.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

http://movies.yahoo.com/news....reuters

Return to “2009”