Ridley Scott's "Monopoly: The Movie"

rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

big magilla made the last post, and that was back in august 2007. no wonder i could not find it.

it is funny how the comments are pretty similar from the two threads. everyone is basically saying wtf, :O
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Here it is.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

It's not a novel idea. A episode of the British TV series, Agatha Chrisie's Poirot, in the early 90s was built around the game.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Ridley Scott is such a moron. Really? Clue the boardgame at least had a plot and they got some magnificent comedians to pull it off, but there is no plot to Monopoly? Maybe he should get Donald Trump to star...he already thinks he's more important than he really is anyway...
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

A perfect meeting of project and hack director with pretensions.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
taki15
Assistant

Post by taki15 »

I knew that original screenplays are hard to find nowadays but this is absurd.

What's next, ''Hide and Seek: The Movie''?
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

This is not a joke. I'm dead serious. Ridley Scott is actually making "Monopoly" into a movie...

Here's an excerpt from an interview he did with the L.A. Times.
--------------------------------------
"Monopoly: The Movie"?

Monopoly is still the most popular board game -- I might be misquoting! -- in the world. So it's really finding the universe for that game. Because clearly it ought to be humorous and for the family -- the funny way it brings out, particularly when your uncle suddenly gets Park Lane and -- in England, we have Park Lane, Mayfair and Barclay Square, what's it in America? Park and Madison? So you watch people change. You're witness to Jekyll and Hyde. Somewhere in that is a hysterically amusing and I think rather exciting film.

About our gilded age of greed?

That as well. Isn't that comical?

Sort of! Perhaps you can take cues from "Clue."

I never really saw "Clue." But I think it was quite clever. It was one of the first-ofs, wasn't it, where you kind of engage the audience? Listen, in this business you have to examine everything, every direction that media is taking us. Because media is taking us into where, more and more, people have more and more time for more and more leisure. What's happening is it's affecting this shift and change in cinema, both with the material you do and the audience driving movies.
--------------------------------------
No word yet on who's going to play Uncle Pennybags. :p
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)

Return to “2009”