Heavy Metal

Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

I couldn't find the original thread, so I'll make a new one. I guess these get deleted periodically. I couldn't find the thread for the Sherlock Holmes films either, but I didn't bother making a new one.

All-star directors line up for new 'Heavy Metal' movie
By Rob M. Worley
rgbfilter.com
September 4, 2008

rgbFilter chatted up 'Heavy Metal' publisher Kevin Eastman who dropped numerous scoops about the new animated feature film.

Eastman said that, along with David Fincher, who is an Executive Producer on the film, Zack Snyder, Guillermo Del Toro and Gore Verbinski are all lined up to direct segments of the anthology movie.

They're set to go into production this fall at Sony with Blur studios in Venice handling the animation. The film is due out in August 2010.

Eastman also shed light on the recent news that Paramount had dropped the movie.

"We originally signed a deal with Paramount to develop it January... And it was time for them to make a decision [about going forward with the project] and they were at odds with Fincher over another project, 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,' [because] they wanted him to reduce the running time... and so they said, 'Until you step up to do what we want you to do with Benjamin, we're not going to greenlight any other of [your] movies.' And David said, 'Fine, fuck you, I'm going to set up [Heavy Metal] somewhere else,' so we jumped over to Sony and set it up there."
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."

Return to “2009”