Follies

FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

OK, now I've gotten the bug. Magilla, I've stolen a couple of yours.

Phyllis: Glenn Close
Sally: Bernadette Peters
Buddy: Kevin Kline
Ben: Victor Garber
Carlotta: Debbie Reynolds
Emily: Rita Moreno
Theodore: George Chakiris
Solange: Leslie Caron
Hattie: Elaine Stritch
Stella: Doris Day
Heidi: Barbara Cook
Dimitri: Omar Sharif
Roscoe: John Cullum

Edited By FilmFan720 on 1219432654
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Meryl Streep (Phyllis), Glenn Close (Sally), Kevin Kline (Buddy), Christopher Walken (Ben), Rita Moreno (Carlotta), Nanettte Fabray (Hattie), Leslie Caron (Solange), John Cullum (Dimitri Weisman) and Len Cariou (Roscoe).
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Considering the idiocy of this idea, I say no one!
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Since Follies is scheduled for release in 2009 and since I can't find the old thread, I thought I would open this up here.

All we know for sure is that Aaron Sorkin is writing and Sam Mendes is slated as executive producer.

Who do you think they would get to star in the film?

The only singing actress with any clout I can think of is Glenn Close (speaking of which, when is the Sunset Blvd musical going to the big screen? Just checked IMDB and they have it slated for 2010, but it's "announced" so, who knows what's going to happen with it.).

Close would be an obvious choice. Who else do you think should take on roles in the new film.

Edited By OscarGuy on 1219423683
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “2009”