The Wolf Man

criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

Big Magilla wrote:Joe Johnson directed one of my favorite films of the 90s, October Sky, and before that made the sweet, if daffy, Rocketeer so I know he can bring the appropraite level of humanity to the story. Del Toro and Hopkins in the Lon chaney, Jr., Claude Rains roles, supported by Emily Blunt and Hugh Weaving is good casting, but what I watn to know is who gets to speak Maria Ouspenskaya's immortal line, "even a man who is pure at heart, and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright." I vote for Lynn Redgrave.
Redgrave would be a good choice, I agree. I hope they do use that line. In fact, it would serve well as the advertising motto.
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Joe Johnson directed one of my favorite films of the 90s, October Sky, and before that made the sweet, if daffy, Rocketeer so I know he can bring the appropraite level of humanity to the story. Del Toro and Hopkins in the Lon chaney, Jr., Claude Rains roles, supported by Emily Blunt and Hugh Weaving is good casting, but what I watn to know is who gets to speak Maria Ouspenskaya's immortal line, "even a man who is pure at heart, and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright." I vote for Lynn Redgrave.
criddic3
Tenured

Post by criddic3 »

With a cast that includes Benecio del Toro and Anthony Hopkins, I have to admit I think this could be good. I love the original Lon Chaney, Jr. version, which has never been topped. The mood of that movie is one of the reasons I fell in love with movies in general. Horror movies are nearly a lost art. It breaks my heart knowing that today's directors and writers know nothing about creating atmosphere and building suspense. It's all about gore and money.

I hope they try to give this version some sense of class. Mike Nichols' Wolf from the mid-1990s came close in the first half.

Edited By criddic3 on 1206074604
"Because here’s the thing about life: There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days when you need a hand. There are other days when we’re called to lend a hand." -- President Joe Biden, 01/20/2021
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

not a movie i am looking forward to but a very possible oscar make-up winner, unless they disqualify it like the did with PLANET OF THE APES.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20185191,00.html
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow

Return to “2009”