2013-2014 Emmy Awards

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Re: 2013-2014 Emmy Awards

Post by anonymous1980 »

Lorraine Toussaint is not eligible this year. She'll be eligible next year.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Sabin wrote:It's "transgender" not "transgendered'. You would not call an African-American person "blackened."
This reminds me of when Italiano (and other board elders) accused me of making up the word "cisgender." And then accused me of using a word THEY'D NEVER EVEN HEARD OF improperly. I'm going to give anonymous1980 a pass here though. Very honest mistake.

Unforgivable Emmy snubs: Tatiana Maslany, "Orphan Black" (Lead Actress in a Drama); Melissa McBride, "The Walking Dead" (Supporting Actress in a Drama); Octavia Spencer, "Mom" (Guest Actress in a Comedy); Keri Russell, "The Americans" (Lead Actress in a Drama); Lorraine Toussaint, "Orange is the New Black" (Guest Actress in a Comedy)
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey received a total of 12 nominations, pretty much getting in for everything relevant to it. So, even though most of its awards will be given at the Creative Arts broadcast and not the live show, it is possible that the best show on TV will be the biggest awards winner this year! Also, Neil deGrasse Tyson, as host, is nominated along with the producers for Outstanding Documentary Or Nonfiction Series.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

It's "transgender" not "transgendered'. You would not call an African-American person "blackened".

I really want to see Bob Newhart standing on the stage with Laverne Cox.

I'm starting to think 'Orange is the New Black' could actually win. If I was forced to pick now, my head would say 'Modern Family' but it feels like 'Orange' has hit a zeitgeist. 'Orange' has the most nomination with twelve.

I like Brooklyn Nine-Nine but to be honest I don't see what's so great about Andre Braugher on the show. It seems more a triumph of casting than acting. Voters might give it to Jesse Tyler Ferguson just because he hasn't won yet. I haven't seen season three of 'Girls' but Adam Driver is routinely the best part of every episode I've seen so I'm inclined to root for him.
"How's the despair?"
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

The nominations have been announced.

- Ricky Gervais getting in for Derek is the biggest surprise. I didn't see that coming at all.
- I'm thrilled Uzo Aduba and Laverne Cox got in for Orange is the New Black. Cox is probably the first transgendered actress to get an Emmy nomination.
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine got hosed.
- I'm very surprised Silicon Valley managed to get in.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

I've seen three episodes of Modern Family from season one and stopped. It felt like watching something reasonably well-meaning Frankensteined from other superior shows. If you put Arrested Development, The Office, Everybody Loves Raymond, and something bland an innocuous that you'd never want to watch again (Daddio?) in a blender, you'd wind up with Modern Family. Every episode I saw was perfectly competent but nothing exciting or veering on actual emotions or engaging enough conflict to keep me coming back. To be honest, it reminds me quite a bit of Frasier. There's nothing wrong with Frasier. It's a good show. But every episode of Frasier is an episode of Frasier, and it's hard to get worked up about that. Except for that one season when the Daphne/Niles attraction seemed to be heading somewhere, I never felt truly pulled in like any of it mattered. It's just a nice think to tune in and watch and then turn off, and I kind of need more than that. Again, I have no idea what the show has done since the first half of season one, but I just didn't get the impression that it had anything much to offer me. I agree with anonymous that the Modern Family bloc of voters have no reason not to vote for it a fifth time. If Frasier can win the most years back to back, then why not Modern Family?

As I scroll back to wikipedia to see what Fraiser beat out in its fifth year, I see that it wasn't up against sterling competition: 3rd Rock from the Sun (remember when that was all the rage?), Ally McBeal (which to be fair was hitting a zeitgeist), Seinfeld (in its first awful post-Larry David season), and the excellent Larry Sanders Show. It's not an easy guess as to what exactly voters might turn to. That being said, I'm scrolling through the list of comedies that win and in the past decade or so, there clearly is a pattern. New hits and finales. When Arrested Development premiered, they gave it the Emmy instead of Sex and the City's last season. The next year, they gave it to Everybody Lovers Raymond for its final season over Desperate Housewives' first season. Then The Office for its first season, then 30 Rock for its first season and then 30 Rock for the next two years. Look at those years. There's not a lot of competition. I'm sure it's possible to make the argument for How I Met Your Mother taking it from 30 Rock in its third season but it's similar to the conversation that we're having now. And then Modern Family again and again and again. Yup, I'm more convinced now than ever that there's something kind of weirdly right about Modern Family winning again. Perhaps next year something else.
"How's the despair?"
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

I think the only reason Modern Family might win again this year is a lack of consensus on what else might win Outstanding Comedy. I've seen this season. It's far from its strongest but the producers/network only has to pick 6 strong episodes to send to Emmy viewers in order to win and they have those. They also finished on a high note with the wonderful gay wedding episode that I would rank as one of its best.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Thanks Okri...I looked at the lust of Comedy Series winners and still missed Friends. That seems like good precedent for a BBT win!
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

FilmFan720 wrote:
Sabin wrote:The question is what does it take to stop Modern Family's juggernaut and has it come out this place year? My guess is whatever it takes didn't come out. If it did, then it's Orange is the New Black, a show that's hitting its zeitgeist currently with season two and Laverne Cox, but it is enough of a comedy? It's not Brooklyn Nine-Nine, a show that I quite like but doesn't quite feel original or consequential enough, and it's not Louie, also terrific this year but if not previous years why this one? I'm thinking Modern Family continues for another year.
I think there's a chance that the Modern Family juggernaut ends this year, but you ironically haven't mentioned the two shows that I feel could dethrone it.

The Big Bang Theory is the most popular comedy on TV, and one that has become something of a forgotten regular on the awards circuit. Jim Parsons wins his share of awards, and the show and Mayim Bialik have gotten nominated many times, but it is never really in consideration for anything big. I kind of feel like it needs to win a big prize at some point soon, if for no other reason than being such a popular multi-camera sitcom in an age when they are forgotten. No show has ever won it's first Series Emmy so late in its run, but Big Bang Theory has had such an odd ascension anyways that it couldn't be out of consideration. It is the only show as popular as Modern Family ratings wise, and could be more of a contender than we are giving it credit for.

On the other end of the spectrum, Veep has picked up three acting Emmys in the past two years, and is coming off what is generally considered its best season yet. It is a show fresh in voters minds, at the peak of its performance, could win two or three of the acting Emmys this year, and is becoming more and more popular as it goes along. If Modern Family loses, I think Veep wins.
1. Friends won it's first best comedy emmy eight seasons in; Law and Order I believe was six seasons in.

2. Modern Family had a bit of a stealth season in that a lot of people complained it was a bit stale, but it had a number of strong episodes.

3. I agree that if it loses, it'll be to Veep.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Sabin wrote:The question is what does it take to stop Modern Family's juggernaut and has it come out this place year? My guess is whatever it takes didn't come out. If it did, then it's Orange is the New Black, a show that's hitting its zeitgeist currently with season two and Laverne Cox, but it is enough of a comedy? It's not Brooklyn Nine-Nine, a show that I quite like but doesn't quite feel original or consequential enough, and it's not Louie, also terrific this year but if not previous years why this one? I'm thinking Modern Family continues for another year.
I think there's a chance that the Modern Family juggernaut ends this year, but you ironically haven't mentioned the two shows that I feel could dethrone it.

The Big Bang Theory is the most popular comedy on TV, and one that has become something of a forgotten regular on the awards circuit. Jim Parsons wins his share of awards, and the show and Mayim Bialik have gotten nominated many times, but it is never really in consideration for anything big. I kind of feel like it needs to win a big prize at some point soon, if for no other reason than being such a popular multi-camera sitcom in an age when they are forgotten. No show has ever won it's first Series Emmy so late in its run, but Big Bang Theory has had such an odd ascension anyways that it couldn't be out of consideration. It is the only show as popular as Modern Family ratings wise, and could be more of a contender than we are giving it credit for.

On the other end of the spectrum, Veep has picked up three acting Emmys in the past two years, and is coming off what is generally considered its best season yet. It is a show fresh in voters minds, at the peak of its performance, could win two or three of the acting Emmys this year, and is becoming more and more popular as it goes along. If Modern Family loses, I think Veep wins.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

The question is what does it take to stop Modern Family's juggernaut and has it come out this place year? My guess is whatever it takes didn't come out. If it did, then it's Orange is the New Black, a show that's hitting its zeitgeist currently with season two and Laverne Cox, but it is enough of a comedy? It's not Brooklyn Nine-Nine, a show that I quite like but doesn't quite feel original or consequential enough, and it's not Louie, also terrific this year but if not previous years why this one? I'm thinking Modern Family continues for another year.

I'm watching increasingly more television this year, even though it won't be represented in this year's Emmys. The New Girl took a nose-dive both in the ratings and in regard, but while it's certainly not as strong as last season, there are episodes that remain funnier than anything I've seen this year. Jake Johnson, Max Greenfield, and Lamorne Morris don't have a chance at nominations but they give inspired performances week-in and week-out. Broad City would be a welcome inclusion as well. I've seen a few people predicting Thomas Middleditch for Silicon Valley and of this prospective lineup he would be my choice, but not many for the late Christopher Evan Welch who should find a spot replacing Jesse Tyler Ferguson or Ed O'Neill. And why not Silicon Valley over something like The Big Bang Theory? Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series is an increasingly weak field and I expect Jim Parsons to win again, although Middleditch probably gives the most inspired performance of the group finding something very interesting to play about this beleaguered, ego-maniacal beta-male every week. I've only seen one episode of House of Lies but I found it utterly dreadful. Brooklyn Nine-Nine finds a great use for Samberg but I think he's a bit overshadowed by his cast. I've never seen Episodes and I hear it's not too intolerable.

In fact I'm predicting a lot of familiar faces this year. Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory, likely Julia Louis-Dreyfus again (if only for her charming performance with Joe Biden), previous nominee Andre Braugher for Brooklyn Nine-Nine (although Joe Lu Truglio is funnier on the show) or perhaps if he gets nominated the late Christopher Evan Welch, and for Outstanding Supporting Actress probably Allison Janney for Mom, which I had no idea was a hit but apparently it really is. So, probably all previous winners for their shows or previous winners for other shows. The world of Comedic Directing is interesting to me because shows like Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Louie, Orange is the New Black, and Silicon Valley find such interesting tones to balance. Silicon Valley certainly deserves a nomination or win for bringing Mike Judge's sensibilities to the screen so successfully but not for "Minimum Viable Product". Pretty much everybody agrees that the pilot underwhelmed. The next episode "The Cap Table" would be a better selection. I can get down with Phil Lord and Chris Miller. Lending an identity to something as fundamentally derivative as Brooklyn Nine-Nine is no easy feat, nor is making Andy Samberg tolerable.

In the world of Drama, the question for me is will it be Breaking Bad or True Detective. I feel like chatter about True Detective has faded just enough for it to be a fair fight. In that case, I think Breaking Bad is coming out on top. I also feel confident predicting Bryan Cranston, Robin Wright, and Anna Gunn for the win. The only category in which I have no idea is Best Supporting Actor. In that regard, we should thank Woody Harrelson for going lead for True Detective because then who in God's green Earth would have any idea? Will it be Aaron Paul, Josh Charles, or Peter Dinklage?
"How's the despair?"
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

The Original BJ wrote:
anonymous1980 wrote: OUTSTANDING DIRECTING FOR A VARIETY SPECIAL
Beth McCarthy Miller and Rob Ashford, The Sound of Music Live (NBC)
Good god, this CANNOT be a possibility, can it? One of the single most atrocious things I've ever seen in any form of media in my entire life.
I only half saw about two minutes of it. Was it really that bad?
The Original BJ
Emeritus

Post by The Original BJ »

anonymous1980 wrote: OUTSTANDING DIRECTING FOR A VARIETY SPECIAL
Good god, this CANNOT be a possibility, can it? One of the single most atrocious things I've ever seen in any form of media in my entire life.
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

My final-ish Emmy predictions!

OUTSTANDING TELEVISION MOVIE
Burton and Taylor (BBC America)
Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight (HBO)
The Normal Heart (HBO)
Sherlock: His Last Vow (Masterpiece) (PBS)
The Trip to Bountiful (Lifetime)

OUTSTANDING MINISERIES
American Horror Story: Coven (FX)
Dancing on the Edge (Starz)
Fargo (FX)
The Hollow Crown (Great Performances) (PBS)
Luther (BBC America)

OUTSTANDING DRAMA SERIES
Breaking Bad (AMC)
Game of Thrones (HBO)
The Good Wife (CBS)
House of Cards (Netflix)
Mad Men (AMC)
True Detective (HBO)

OUTSTANDING COMEDY SERIES
The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Fox)
Louie (FX)
Modern Family (ABC)
Orange is the New Black (Netflix)
Veep (HBO)

OUTSTANDING VARIETY, MUSIC or COMEDY SERIES
The Colbert Report (Comedy Central)
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (Comedy Central)
Jimmy Kimmel Live! (ABC)
Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)
Saturday Night Live (NBC)
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (NBC)

OUTSTANDING VARIETY, MUSIC or COMEDY SPECIAL
Billy Crystal: 700 Sundays (HBO)
The Kennedy Center Honors (CBS)
One Night Only: An All-Star Comedy Tribute to Don Rickles (Spike TV)
Six by Sondheim (HBO)
Tracy Morgan: Bona Fide (Comedy Central)

OUTSTANDING REALITY-COMPETITION SERIES
The Amazing Race (CBS)
Dancing with the Stars (ABC)
Project Runway (Lifetime)
So You Think You Can Dance (Fox)
Top Chef (Bravo)
The Voice (NBC)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A MINISERIES or MOVIE
Benedict Cumberbatch, Sherlock: His Last Vow (Masterpiece) (PBS)
Chiwetel Ejiofor, Dancing on the Edge (Starz)
Martin Freeman, Fargo (FX)
Mark Ruffalo, The Normal Heart (HBO)
Billy Bob Thornton, Fargo (FX)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A MINISERIES or MOVIE
Helena Bonham-Carter, Burton and Taylor (BBC America)
Minnie Driver, Return to Zero (Lifetime)
Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Coven (FX)
Sarah Paulson, American Horror Story: Coven (FX)
Cicely Tyson, The Trip to Bountiful (Lifetime)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad (AMC)
Jon Hamm, Mad Men (AMC)
Woody Harrelson, True Detective (HBO)
Matthew McConaughey, True Detective (HBO)
Michael Sheen, Masters of Sex (Showtime)
Kevin Spacey, House of Cards (Netflix)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Claire Danes, Homeland (Showtime)
Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife (CBS)
Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black (BBC America)
Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men (AMC)
Kerry Washington, Scandal (ABC)
Robin Wright, House of Cards (Netflix)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES
Don Cheadle, House of Lies (Showtime)
Louis CK, Louie (FX)
Matt LeBlanc, Episodes (Showtime)
Thomas Middleditch, Silicon Valley (HBO)
Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Andy Samberg, Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Fox)

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES
Lena Dunham, Girls (HBO)
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie (Showtime)
Anna Faris, Mom (CBS)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep (HBO)
Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation (NBC)
Taylor Schilling, Orange is the New Black (Netflix)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A MINISERIES or MOVIE
Matt Bomer, The Normal Heart (HBO)
Martin Freeman, Sherlock: His Last Vow (Masterpiece) (PBS)
Colin Hanks, Fargo (FX)
Joe Mantello, The Normal Heart (HBO)
Jim Parsons, The Normal Heart (HBO)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A MINISERIES or MOVIE
Kathy Bates, American Horror Story: Coven (FX)
Jacqueline Bisset, Dancing on the Edge (Starz)
Audra McDonald, The Sound of Music Live (NBC)
Julia Roberts, The Normal Heart (HBO)
Alison Tolman, Fargo (FX)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Josh Charles, The Good Wife (CBS)
Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones (HBO)
Dean Norris, Breaking Bad (AMC)
Mandy Patinkin, Homeland (Showtime)
Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad (AMC)
Jon Voight, Ray Donovan (Showtime)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Christine Baranski, The Good Wife (CBS)
Anna Gunn, Breaking Bad (AMC)
Christina Hendricks, Mad Men (AMC)
Lean Headey, Game of Thrones (HBO)
Michelle Monaghan, True Detective (HBO)
Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey (PBS)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES
Andre Braugher, Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Fox)
Ty Burrell, Modern Family (ABC)
Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Modern Family (ABC)
Tony Hale, Veep (HBO)
Ed O'Neill, Modern Family (ABC)
Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family (ABC)

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES
Mayim Bialik, The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Julie Bowen, Modern Family (ABC)
Anna Chlumsky, Veep (HBO)
Allison Janney, Mom (CBS)
Kate Mulgrew, Orange is the New Black (Netflix)
Sofia Vergara, Modern Family (ABC)

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
Dylan Baker, The Good Wife (CBS)
Beau Bridges, Masters of Sex (Showtime)
Dan Bucatinsky, Scandal (ABC)
Robert Morse, Mad Men (AMC)
Pedro Pascal, Game of Thrones (HBO)
Michael Pitt, Hannibal (NBC)

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
Kate Burton, Scandal (ABC)
Jane Fonda, The Newsroom (HBO)
Allison Janney, Masters of Sex (Showtime)
Shirley MacLaine, Downton Abbey (PBS)
Carrie Preston, The Good Wife (CBS)
Diana Rigg, Game of Thrones (HBO)

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES
Jimmy Fallon, Saturday Night Live (NBC)
Charles Grodin, Louie (FX)
James Earl Jones, The Big Bang Theory (CBS)
Nathan Lane, Modern Family (ABC)
Stephen Merchant, Modern Family (ABC)
Bob Newhart, The Big Bang Theory (CBS)

OUTSTANDING GUEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES
Uzo Aduba, Orange is the New Black (Netflix)
Sarah Baker, Louie (FX)
Ellen Burstyn, Louie (FX)
Laverne Cox, Orange is the New Black (Netflix)
Octavia Spencer, Mom (CBS)
June Squibb, Girls (HBO)

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING IN A MINISERIES or MOVIE
Stephen Poliakoff, Dancing on the Edge (Starz)
Adam Bernstein, Fargo ("The Crocodile's Dilemma") (FX)
Matt Shakman, Fargo ("Morton's Fork") (FX)
Stephen Frears, Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight (HBO)
Ryan Murphy, The Normal Heart (HBO)

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING IN A DRAMA SERIES
Rian Johnson, Breaking Bad ("Ozymandias") (AMC)
Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad ("Felina") (AMC)
Alex Graves, Game of Thrones ("The Children") (HBO)
John Madden, Masters of Sex ("Pilot") (Showtime)
Cary Joji Fukunaga, True Detective ("Who Goes There") (HBO)

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING IN A COMEDY SERIES
Phil Lord and Chris Miller, Brooklyn Nine-Nine ("Pilot") (Fox)
Gail Mancuso, Modern Family ("Vegas") (ABC)
Louis CK, Louie ("Elevator Part 6") (FX)
Jodie Foster, Orange is the New Black ("Lesbian Request Denied") (Netflix)
Mike Judge, Silicon Valley ("Minimum Viable Product") (HBO)

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING FOR A VARIETY SERIES
Louis J. Horvitz, American Idol ("Finale") (Fox)
James Hoskinson, The Colbert Report (Comedy Central)
Jerry Foley, The Late Show with David Letterman (CBS)
Jonathan Krisel, Portlandia (IFC)
Don Roy King, Saturday Night Live (NBC)

OUTSTANDING DIRECTING FOR A VARIETY SPECIAL
Des McAnuff, Billy Crystal: 700 Sundays (HBO)
Louis J. Horvitz, The Kennedy Center Honors (CBS)
Hamish Hamilton, The Oscars (ABC)
Glenn Weiss, The 67th Annual Tony Awards (CBS)

OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A MINISERIES or MOVIE
Stephen Poliakoff, Dancing on the Edge (Starz)
Noah Hawley, Fargo ("The Crocodile's Dilemma") (FX)
Shawn Slovo, Muhammad Ali's Greatest Fight (HBO)
Larry Kramer, The Normal Heart (HBO)
Steven Moffat, Sherlock: His Last Vow (Masterpiece) (PBS)

OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A DRAMA SERIES
Moira Walley-Beckett, Breaking Bad ("Ozymandias") (AMC)
Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad ("Felina") (AMC)
Beau Willimon, House of Cards ("Chapter 14") (Netflix)
Carly Wray and Matthew Weiner, Mad Men ("Waterloo") (AMC)
Nic Pizzolatto, True Detective ("The Secret Fate of All Life") (HBO)

OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A COMEDY SERIES
Daniel J. Goor & Michael Schur, Brooklyn Nine-Nine ("Pilot") (Fox)
Louis CK, Louie ("So Did The Fat Lady") (FX)
Louis CK & Pamela Adlon, Louie ("Pamela Part 3") (FX)
Liz Friedman & Jenji Kohan, Orange is the New Black ("I Wasn't Ready/Pilot") (Netflix)
Mike Judge, John Altschuler & Dave Krinsky, Silicon Valley ("Minimum Viable Product/Pilot) (HBO)

OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR VARIETY SERIES
The Colbert Report (Comedy Central)
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (Comedy Central)
Key & Peele (Comedy Central)
Portlandia (IFC)
Saturday Night Live (NBC)

OUTSTANDING WRITING FOR A VARIETY SPECIAL
Billy Crystal: 700 Sundays (HBO)
The 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards (NBC)
The Kennedy Center Honors (CBS)
The Oscars (ABC)
The 67th Annual Tony Awards (CBS)

OUTSTANDING REALITY SHOW HOST
Tom Bergeron, Dancing with the Stars (ABC)
Cat Deeley, So You Think You Can Dance (Fox)
Billy Eichner, Funny or Die's Billy on the Street (Fuse TV)
Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn, Project Runway (Lifetime)
Ryan Seacrest, American Idol (Fox)
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

That would be an interesting development, Flipp. The apprentice would thereby be eclipsing the master.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Broadcast Media”