It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

I watched the first season, and watched six episodes or so of the second season before my DVR deleted the rest of the episodes.

The episode where Dennis and Dee went on welfare was probably the single funniest TV episode I've seen since The Office's "Diversity Day".
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Does anybody else watch this show? I just came upon it recently and am fairly addicted at this point. The second season has diminished in quality with the forced addition of Danny DeVito, whose presence is labored and schticky, in direct contrast to the effortless buffoonery of the cast. These are some capital-D DUMB people who make even the most harmless encounter an unpleasant situation. Especially the manic Charlie Day. This guy is one of the funniest humans I've ever seen.

The pilot for the show apparently cost around $85, which the three leads (Rob McElhenney as Mac, Glenn Howerton as Dennis, and Charlie) wrote and directed in a largely improvisational form. It was picked up by FX, a female lead was added (Kaitlin Olson as Dee, Mac's twin sister) and much like 'Seinfeld', the addition of an almost totally platonic female lead gave the boys so much more to play off of. The addition of DeVito failed to work as well, but if it continues (and with the loss of 'Arrested Development', I really can't take another premature cancellation) he might very well ease into the group's dynamic more. Or leave the show. Either way.

Any other fans?
"How's the despair?"

Return to “Broadcast Media”