Best Episodes of Mad Men

For discussions of subjects relating to television and music.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Re: Best Episodes of Mad Men

Post by FilmFan720 »

Big Magilla wrote:I love Mad Men as well as anyone, but I've only seen a handful of episodes in real time. Most seasons I binge watched before the start of the next season.

I'm not familiar enough with episode titles to have an opinion on this. I gather from the lack of response to this thread that neither do many of the show's most avid supporters here.
Yeah, I know just about every episode and title too...I just hadn't had time to put together a list.

1. Shut the Door. Have a Seat.
2. The Suitcase
3. Guy Walks Into an Advertising Agency
4. My Old Kentucky Home
5. The Other Woman
6. The Gypsy and the Hobo
7. The Wheel
8. The Beautiful Girls
9. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
10. Mystery Date

I wanted to get one of those later episodes, Time and Life or Lost Horizon, on the list. Maybe in a while they will move on there, but they are still too raw for me :)
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Big Magilla wrote:I love Mad Men as well as anyone, but I've only seen a handful of episodes in real time. Most seasons I binge watched before the start of the next season.

I'm not familiar enough with episode titles to have an opinion on this. I gather from the lack of response to this thread that neither do many of the show's most avid supporters here.
I easily know episode titles of that show like the back of my hand. However, it's really too soon for me to deep-dive into Mad Men. In my mind, it just ended and we covered that last season pretty exhaustively on this board already. I'm not quite ready for a retrospective just yet.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I love Mad Men as well as anyone, but I've only seen a handful of episodes in real time. Most seasons I binge watched before the start of the next season.

Kellens101
Temp

Post by Kellens101 »

Yes, it's very difficult. The only placements I was sure about were 1 and 2, as The Suitcase and Shut the Door, Have a Seat are complete masterpieces of television. But, beyond that, there are so many wonderful, exciting episodes of television in this show.
CalWilliam
Temp

Post by CalWilliam »

I really love the entire series, so it hasn't been easy to choose, but here's my Top 10 and some Honorable Mentions:

1. Shut the Door. Have a Seat
2. Meditations in an Emergency
3.Waterloo
4. The Other Woman
5. The Suitcase
6. Commissions & Fees
7. The Gypsy and the Hobo
8. Time & Life
9. Lost Horizon
10. Guy Walks Into an Advertising Agency

Honorable Mentions: The Mountain King, The Wheel, The New Girl, The Summer Man, The Beautiful Girls, Person to Person, 5G, In Care Of, The Strategy, The Flood, Mystery Date, The Quality of Mercy, Babylon.
Last edited by CalWilliam on Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rage, rage against the dying of the light". - Dylan Thomas
Kellens101
Temp

Best Episodes of Mad Men

Post by Kellens101 »

I have been rewatching Mad Men and thought I should post a list of the 10 best episodes of that amazing series. Feel free to post your own lists as I am curious to hear other's thoughts and read other's lists. Here goes:

1. The Suitcase
2. Shut the Door, Have a Seat
3. Far Away Places
4. The Wheel
5. The Gypsy and the Hobo
6. The Other Woman
7. In Care Of
8. Waterloo
9. The Strategy
10. Commissions and Fees
Honorable Mentions: The Mountain King, Meditations in an Emergency, Guy Walks into an Advertising Agency, The Gold Violin, Seven Twenty Three, Nixon vs Kennedy, The Hobo Code, Waldorf Stories,Hands and Knees, Blowing Smoke, Mystery Date, Signal 30, At the Codfish Ball, The New Girl, Public Relations, The Beautiful Girls, For Immediate Release, The Quality of Mercy, Time and Life, Lost Horizon, The Milk and Honey Route
Last edited by Kellens101 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Broadcast Media”