A Close One For Rupert!

Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: A Close One For Rupert!

Post by Mister Tee »

kaytodd wrote:The hearings at which Rupert and James Murdoch involve very serious matters. But I was disappointed when the protester got so close to Rupert without nailing him in the face with the pie. A picture of Rupert after being hit with it would have been a pleasure to see.

Now, we need pies in the face for Cal Thomas and all the other Fox News talking heads criticizing the other networks for covering this issue. Top level News Corp. employees are accused of serious crimes and the end result may be, among other things, a change in the current rulers of the British government. Fox News' decision to play down this story is the irresponsible decision. Accusing the other networks of "piling on" is absurd.
To say nothing of which, a key whistleblower turned up dead yesterday. Yeah, it was very likely either suicide, or "natural causes" for an apparent substance abuser. But it's pretty rich to watch people who pimped the Vince Foster story for so long telling us to move right along from that.

Even that event aside, this sudden cascade of resignations brings on memories of Watergate -- then, too, a vile powerful man who seemed untouchable started to watch his empire crash around him. I think this story has a ways to go yet, and who can say how far it'll reach.

A few days ago, with this happening, and Mitch McConnell making it clear he's looking frantically for an easy exit from the debt ceiling stupidity, I began to wonder if it was my birthday and someone had forgotten to tell me.
kaytodd
Assistant

A Close One For Rupert!

Post by kaytodd »

The hearings at which Rupert and James Murdoch involve very serious matters. But I was disappointed when the protester got so close to Rupert without nailing him in the face with the pie. A picture of Rupert after being hit with it would have been a pleasure to see.

Now, we need pies in the face for Cal Thomas and all the other Fox News talking heads criticizing the other networks for covering this issue. Top level News Corp. employees are accused of serious crimes and the end result may be, among other things, a change in the current rulers of the British government. Fox News' decision to play down this story is the irresponsible decision. Accusing the other networks of "piling on" is absurd.
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes

Return to “Current Events”