Floods In Pakistan

Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

OscarGuy wrote:...I'm pretty sure I've read that Pakistan is not helping matters in our conflict in Afghanistan. If this is true, do you think a refocus of resources and energy would help alleviate some of our issues in Afghanistan? Anyone can answer, I don't mind, just thought Reza would have a unique perspective on it.
I don't want to get into this at all. I think America just needs to get it's act together and get the hell out of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iraq. They have no right to come in, create a conflict (which they themselves now don't know how to get out of) which has caused death, destruction and misery to our people.

And then Americans wonder why we are hell bent on avenging ourselves. You guys lived through one 9/11........we are living it every day !!
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

It is a tragedy no matter where it occurs in the world. It's good you're ok and I figured you were when you were posting away on FB all this time. It's also good to hear your family's doing ok.

but, I do have a question and, Reza, you may be the best person to answer...I'm pretty sure I've read that Pakistan is not helping matters in our conflict in Afghanistan. If this is true, do you think a refocus of resources and energy would help alleviate some of our issues in Afghanistan? Anyone can answer, I don't mind, just thought Reza would have a unique perspective on it.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Thank you for asking. My family and I are all well by the grace of God probably because none of us live in cities next to a big river. However, the devastation across most parts of the country is terrible and the after effects of this tragedy is going to be felt by all of us eventually.

I visited my village, Charsaddah in the North West Frontier Province (now called Pukhtoon Khwa) and it's surrounding areas last Saturday. The river had caused massive destruction to homes, lives and livestock. I went with a group of friends and we took aid in the form of food rations and medicines.

I've put up pictures on Facebook of that area, the river and the displaced people.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Bump.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Reza, I know you're not directly affected, but what is life like during such a horrible national crisis?
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Reza, are you and your family okay? I assume so because you've been posting, but let us know . . .
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell

Return to “Current Events”