Epstein Case

Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: Epstein Case

Post by Sabin »

Mister Tee wrote
If this is true, I'm considerably less sanguine that the younger generation is going to save America.

I mean, WTF? Did your friends buy so deeply into Bernie Kool-Aid that they retroactively believe a quarter-century's worth of bullshit about the Clintons? Only imbeciles believe the Clinton body-count nonsense; it's right up there with Obama was born in Kenya, and I'd be embarrassed to know anyone who subscribed to it.
Before you throw my entire generation under the bus and write us all off as incompetents, let me just say a few of things:

1) I take it that your generation believed every word of the Warren Report and that nobody doubted the moon landing for a second. If any of us are conspiracy theorists, we learned it from you.

2) I misspoke when I said it wasn't one of the "wilder conspiracy theories." I simply meant to comment on how nobody thinks that connecting Epstein's suicide to the people he might rat out is an out-of-this-world leap in logic. This is unusual to me because while there is quite a bit of mistrust towards the government as a whole, conspiracy theorists have completely flipped in my lifetime from the left to almost completely the right.

3) I take it you didn't get the reference I wrote about how everybody became "Conspiracy Charlie." It's a joke from the FX show It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia where one of the characters becomes a ranting raving conspiracy nut whose beliefs are instantly disproven. But my larger point is that everybody in my life (friends and family) instantly did not believe their eyes and ears. It's astonishing. The culprit depended on which side of the fence one is on. That is the phenomenon I was talking about. This is not usual.

4) Oh come on! What does Bernie have to do with this? Calm the hysterics about Millennials and Gen Z. If the Republican Party goes under, it will be because disproportionately we left it to die. You're welcome.
"How's the despair?"
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Sabin wrote:
Big Magilla wrote
2. Trump has taken to the Twittersphere to share one of the wilder conspiracy theories that the Clintons were responsible for his "murder" - of course, of course, it's always the Clintons! His supporters will always fall for that one!
Magilla, I hate to tell you. This isn't one of the wilder conspiracies. This is the one that everybody in my life currently believes. I would like to say "Republican or Democrat alike," but I don't have any Republicans in my life right now.
If this is true, I'm considerably less sanguine that the younger generation is going to save America.

I mean, WTF? Did your friends buy so deeply into Bernie Kool-Aid that they retroactively believe a quarter-century's worth of bullshit about the Clintons? Only imbeciles believe the Clinton body-count nonsense; it's right up there with Obama was born in Kenya, and I'd be embarrassed to know anyone who subscribed to it.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Yesterday, everybody became Conspiracy Charlie (please tell me half of you get that reference).
Mister Tee wrote
But don't worry: we can count on Bill Barr for a thorough investigation.
A thought I had today: who actually can conduct a thorough investigation? If the Democrats are involved in the investigation, Republicans will claim victory that this is another addition to #ClintonBodyCount. If the Republicans are involved, then this is another Trump scandal. We don't need an investigation. Twitter has all the evidence it needs.

And you know what...? I have no idea what to think about it. All I know is I miss the days where 9/11 truthers were banished from the light of day. Today, they'd become front-page news.
Big Magilla wrote
2. Trump has taken to the Twittersphere to share one of the wilder conspiracy theories that the Clintons were responsible for his "murder" - of course, of course, it's always the Clintons! His supporters will always fall for that one!
Magilla, I hate to tell you. This isn't one of the wilder conspiracies. This is the one that everybody in my life currently believes. I would like to say "Republican or Democrat alike," but I don't have any Republicans in my life right now.
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Updates:

1. He was taken off suicide watch after just 6 days allegedly because he complained through his attorneys that it was dehumanizing - he had no sheets or blankets and no clothes - had to wear a smock day and night which gave him no protection against the rodents!

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

If this were a novel or a film or TV miniseries, someone high up would have paid someone in the jail to kill him but it wouldn't be Trump. That would be too obvious. The more likely scenario is that he was allowed to take his own life, maybe even coerced into it.

On suicide watch you're not given blankets or sheets but people still manage to find a way to kill themselves. It's more difficult, but If nothing else they can still hang themselves with their pants or choke themselves to death by swallowing a sock.

Bill Cosby is not on suicide watch but he is still checked every 15 minutes. The fact that Epstein was taken off suicide watch just two weeks after having attempted suicide and then left alone for an hour or more stinks to high heaven. Who was the guy in charge who let that happen?
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

While confidentiality agreements might become null (if not written to persist after death), the criminal case would likely be closed and dropped, which means no discovery, no digging for answers, no actual dirt being found against those with whom he worked. I don't think necessarily that he had anything on Trump, but I guarantee a number of rich and powerful people are breathing easier tonight because he's out of the picture.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Nothing fishy about it at all. It's crystal clear. If the Board of Corrections or whoever runs the prison finds you to be an undesirable of the most egregious sort, they'll give you leave to off yourself, or they'll find another inmate to murder you. At the very least, if it wasn't intentional negligence then it was unacceptable incompetence. It's a disgusting feature in our prison system, no matter if the victim himself was also disgusting or not. It was just announced he was not on suicide watch even though he nearly committed suicide once already, so they clearly left his personal safety to chance... and they won. If these hundreds of accusers hadn't already lost complete faith in the justice system, then they have now. Only a fool would think otherwise.

But I'd be reeeaally careful before entertaining any conspiracy theories beyond this. "Trump had him killed because Epstein had the goods on him" makes zero sense. First, I doubt Epstein was going to rat anyone out, but that's just me speculating. Second, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't his death immediately void all confidentiality agreements? Now the victims are free to tell their stories. So, assuming I'm correct, having him killed to shut him up would not get the desired outcome.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

If you're not a conspiracy theorist today, you're not paying attention.

If he'd died in that attempt a week or so ago, it still would have stunk to high heaven, but the push for "come on, the world isn't that corrupt" would have had more force. For it to happen after that first attempt, when they were supposedly watching him? In a world of Putin, it makes the most rational people's antennae quiver.

But don't worry: we can count on Bill Barr for a thorough investigation.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

RE: Epstein's suicide
Can something be extremely fishy and the least surprising thing in the world at the same time?
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Epstein Case

Post by Big Magilla »

New thread specifically for the Epstein Case.

Return to “Current Events”