Campaign 2020

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Campaign 2020

Post by Big Magilla »

We still don't know if all the drugs he's taking are helping or just giving him a false sense of invincibility. I don't know if it's karma or just plain irony that there is an October surprise and the surprise is on him.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Big Magilla wrote:If there were any doubt amongst sane individuals that Trump is totally deranged,
I don't think such people exist anymore.

Despite everything that's happened, I still felt sorry for him and Melania when I first heard the news. I can't help it; something deep inside of me clings to that adage about not wishing harm on your worst enemies. And I'm still not going to gloat or say anything about karma. But the more this story develops, the clearer it gets that a). he and his administration were stupid, wreckless. misguided fools who have no business running a country; and b). Trump's demonstrating he'll come out of this more dangerous than ever before. He's already, at the very least, a colossal embarrassment. So, please forgive me if - for the sake of the planet - I'm hoping for a relapse.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

If there were any doubt amongst sane individuals that Trump is totally deranged, this should put an end to that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... i-n1242312
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

To be fair, Claudia has always sided with her father George who cofounded the Lincoln Project, not her mother.

Sadly, I think there are still too many people out there whose only source of information is what they get from Fox News and conservative talk radio where they are still peddling the Trump bullshit. That's what's keeping his numbers from slipping even lower at this point.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

This is kind of perfectly indicative of this administration's incompetence. Even their children are turning on them and leaking. Get this girl emancipated.

We can all agree that last week the wheels fell off the bus, right? The one-two-three punch of his tax returns revealing that this fake billionaire owes hundreds of millions and paid $750 in 2016 plus his terrifying debate performance plus his Coronavirus diagnosis and subsequent joy ride constituted the worst week of his Presidency. I think we all assumed that somehow Trump was just so disgusting his was immune to Coronavirus that like so many things in his Presidency it just wouldn't affect him. Well, it did. And his tax returns came out. And his bullying turned people off. The laws of psychics are finally coming into play on this guy. This election won't be a referendum on Trump's policies for the past four years but rather "Do you support chaos?" If you do, then you vote a straight-Joker ticket.

SIDENOTE:

New poll: Joe Biden has opened up a 16 point national lead on Trump.

I was wondering if Donald Trump's is the worst reelection campaign in American history. Nothing he is doing seems to be working. I ultimately decided it can't be because he has a naked, desperate, scary desire to stay in office that just eludes the more feckless candidates that will frighteningly somehow keep a quarter of the American people in his sway. But Hoover parallels loom large with this one in the perception of not caring. The difference is that this time, Americans would be proud to live in "Trumpvilles."
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Interesting article on 15-year-old Claudia Conway's videotaped confrontation with her mother, Kellyanne, whose Covid is linked to the Barrett super-spreader. Includes a video of Conway conversing with Barr at the function and insights into Trump's health which is allegedly much worse than he and his doctors let on.

https://heavy.com/news/kellyanne-conway ... tok-video/
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

I really good opinion piece from Slant titled 'How Should We Fell About the Suffering of This Man?' by Dan Kois

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... lings.html
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Just received my ballot in the mail.
Jefforey Smith
Graduate

Post by Jefforey Smith »

I just marked my absentee ballot.

It's not nearly as fun (or exciting or suspenseful) as Oscar pool voting.

Coming from Kentucky, I do have a significant race: Mitch McConnell vs. Amy McGrath. I think it's time to...

Ditch Mitch.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

It's called gallows humor. If I thought he might actually be on the brink of death, I might be more respectful but I won't be a hypocrite. I've said all along that if anyone deserved to suffer from this thing it's the deniers led by the denier-in-chief.

He doesn't need Melania to dig his grave. He's done that himself, but the whole bunch of them need to get a good dose of what they've been so cavalier about for so long. Will it make him a more compassionate president for the time he has left in office? I doubt it, but there's always hope.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Big Magilla wrote
Image removed to protect the easily offended.
I didn’t suggest taking it down for me. I said it for you.

I think I’m the first person on this board who was willing to say I wish something would just happen to him. But now that we’re here and he’s relatively high risk (by which I mean he has a 90% chance of survival) I find myself wishing everyone a safe and speedy recovery, no matter how stupid.

This is what I wrote January 08 2017.
I've never thought this about another living person before, but I just hope he dies. He's a terrible human being who is categorically unfit for office. Additionally, he's about as perfect an example as we can find of everything that is wrong with this country. Sure, it'd be fun to expose everything that he's done in his awful life, but it's not going to do anything. The Democratic Party is going to be incompetent opposition against him. The 2018 midterms are brutal for Democrats, despite whatever boost in turnout we might hopefully get. We're looking at a four year Republican super majority under a Donald Trump Presidency, which means we're going to see a balance between corporate and crazy that will fuck a hole through the country and the world. I have zero hope.

I don't want anyone to kill him. I just want his heart to explode under the pressure of actual work, and maybe for him to be alone when it happens, so he feels helpless and scared. Maybe naked. Maybe his last thoughts are "Oh, no. Someone's gonna see my dick." That'd be fine. Maybe a few years later, a White House Staffer writes a book called: "Small: The Story of The Time I Saw The President's Dick." I'd prefer somebody from his family not kill him so that we're not plunged into years of reality show scandal. I could just see that dragging out for a while, but whatever happens sooner: murdered by his family or a heart attack. Or a coma! I'm fine with a coma or a stroke.

Actually, I'm going to amend my statement. I hope he has a stroke and it becomes clear he can't serve, so he has to step down. He can leave a hero, beloved by the nation. He can live for twenty more years. When he does die, we can mourn him and think "What if he actually got a chance to serve!" I'm fine with that. I'll never say another bad word about him ever. I just really hope he has a stroke and has to leave office immediately.
Well, I was wrong about the midterms and whether or not the Democrats are incompetent opposition is up to you. But we did get a book about the President's penis.
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Add Chris Christie. Giuliani next?
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

Add Ron Johnson to the list.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Look, let’s maybe not post stuff like that.
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Image removed to protect the easily offended.

Return to “Current Events”