Everything Is Great and Amazing

Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Re: Everything Is Great Again

Post by Sabin »

Big Magilla wrote
In order for Rubio to leap over the current cabinet, he would have to become Vice President while Hatch is president. I thought of that scenario, but couldn't come up with a name. Rubio seems as likely as any.
I just assumed if Hatch succeeded the presidency, who would make the most sense for him to pick? It was between Marco Rubio and John Kasich. To be honest, Kasich might make more sense because he never endorsed Trump and has been publicly critical of him so it's possible that he could retain the public's trust sooner.

That said, considering we don't really have the votes to impeach Trump anyway, I don't see us having either the votes or the constitution to oust Pence or Ryan.
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Sabin wrote:45th President of the United States: Donald John Trump (R) (2017-2017*)
* resigned to avoid impeachment.
46th President of the United States: Former Vice President Michael Richard Pence (R) (2017-2017*)
* resigned to avoid impeachment
47th President of the United States: Former Speaker of the House Paul Davis Ryan, Jr. (R) (2017-2017*)
48th President of the United States: Former Senate Pro Tempore Orrin Grant Hatch (R) (2017-2018*)
* resigned because he's super old
49th President of the United States: Former Vice President Marco Antonio Rubio (R) (2018-2028)

PRESIDENT RUBIO: (does Mr Burns-like hand wringing) exactly as planned.
Actually it can go straight to Hatch if all above him are impeached at the same time.

In order for Rubio to leap over the current cabinet, he would have to become Vice President while Hatch is president. I thought of that scenario, but couldn't come up with a name. Rubio seems as likely as any.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Heksagon wrote:
Sonic Youth wrote:This just in:
Sources say President Trump accidentally submitted a tweet revealing the nuclear code.
Accidentally? What was he trying to do, send it as a private message? /s
Theories abound.

There's a belief that the president was using his special "memorization spreadsheet", but typed it in the wrong window. Hey, it happens. BTW, the White House is denying that he did that. They;re claiming it was really the combination number to his luggage, but that doesn't explain why he typed "KABOOM!!" at the end.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Heksagon
Adjunct

Post by Heksagon »

Sonic Youth wrote:This just in:
Sources say President Trump accidentally submitted a tweet revealing the nuclear code.
Accidentally? What was he trying to do, send it as a private message? /s
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

This just in:
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Besides, after Hatch is Tillerson, then Mnuchin, then Mattis. It will stop at Mattis if no one else.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

If you're asking me, do I really think we're going to end up with ten years of Rubio following one year of four Presidents...no, I don't expect the system to operate properly. But I've been wrong about everything so far so let's have some fun!
"How's the despair?"
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Sabin, that's over 10% of our nation's presidents in eighteen months.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Sonic Youth wrote:
Sonic Youth wrote:
Mister Tee wrote:
I'm not sure things can come close to waiting that long
I'll believe it when I see it. This congress doesn't even want to hire an independent prosecutor.
Of course, that would all depend on whether our saintly president can shut up for more than twenty minutes without making things worse for himself.
I also meant to say "And as long as Trump doesn't do anything foolhardy, like share sensitive classified information with top Russian officials, putting the safety of our nation and other nations at risk, and jeopardizing diplomatic relationships with our allies. If he's careful not to do that, then I think he'll skate through without any independent prosecutors." I came this... close.... to writing that, verbatim.

But I will guarantee you this. Trump will NEVER be impeached. He'll NEVER be prosecuted. And he'll NEVER be behind bars.

(Sits back and waits for the next bombshell.)
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

45th President of the United States: Donald John Trump (R) (2017-2017*)
* resigned to avoid impeachment.
46th President of the United States: Former Vice President Michael Richard Pence (R) (2017-2017*)
47th President of the United States: Former Speaker of the House Paul Davis Ryan, Jr. (R) (2017-2017*)
48th President of the United States: Former Senate Pro Tempore Orrin Grant Hatch (R) (2017-2018*)
* resigned because he's super old
49th President of the United States: Former Vice President Marco Antonio Rubio (R) (2018-2028)

PRESIDENT RUBIO: (does Mr Burns-like hand wringing) exactly as planned.
Last edited by Sabin on Mon May 15, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How's the despair?"
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

It's not stupidity, it's arrogance which is blind to all else including stupidity.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

A recent NYT article outlines how Trump had dinner with Comey, asked for his absolutely loyalty which Comey couldn't give him for reasons of "Uh, I'm the FBI Director," and ultimately Trump fired him.

It seems to me there are two things going on: 1) Trump's collusion with the Russians, and 2) Trump's stupidity. Is there any chance to some degree Trump is somewhat oblivious to the deep water he's in and just fired Comey because he's always been a terrible businessman who tosses people to the curb for any reason? What I'm trying to say is unthinkable as it may be...is Donald Trump more stupid than he is corrupt?
"How's the despair?"
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Sonic Youth wrote:
Mister Tee wrote: (Reince Preibus ad Mitch McConnell are also said to be implicated, but that's not germane to succession.)
But it's germane to the Supreme Court. Hmmm.....
I'll believe it when I see it. This congress doesn't even want to hire an independent prosecutor.
Of course, that would all depend on whether our saintly president can shut up for more than twenty minutes without making things worse for himself.

Now we know why attorneys advise their clients not to make any public statements. If Trump really is innocent of all these accusations, can't he at the very least try to ACT innocent?
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

Mister Tee wrote: (Reince Preibus ad Mitch McConnell are also said to be implicated, but that's not germane to succession.)
But it's germane to the Supreme Court. Hmmm.....
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Mister Tee wrote:
Sonic Youth wrote:
Mister Tee wrote: Magilla, again I'm not saying I know this is the case, but the Twitter brigade say Russian money was provided to/laundered through Republican campaign committees last summer, and that there are conversations caught on tape of Ryan acknowledging he knew about this. That's the rationale for President Hatch, third in the line of succession as President Pro Tem of the Senate. (Reince Preibus ad Mitch McConnell are also said to be implicated, but that's not germane to succession.)
Interesting. I know the line of succession. What I didn't know was the laundering through the campaign committees which would surely help to take Ryan out if proven. Maybe the Ryan/McConnell involvement is what has been keeping the GOP from pouncing on Trump completely.

Return to “Current Events”