Everything Is Great and Amazing

Sabin
Laureate

Re: Everything Is Great and Amazing

Postby Sabin » Fri May 18, 2018 7:57 am

Like a lot of people, I was thrown by Seth Abramson's twitter yesterday:

@SethAbramson
PLEASE RT if you want to congratulate Bob Mueller on one of the most well-run first years of a complex federal investigation in recent memory. A case this big would normally take over 5 years, and Mueller is on pace to do it in under 3. America owes his team a debt of gratitude.

...three? So, just in time for Trump's second term?
"If you are marching with white nationalists, you are by definition not a very nice person. If Malala Yousafzai had taken part in that rally, you'd have to say 'Okay, I guess Malala sucks now.'" ~ John Oliver

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Sat May 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Point taken. The fallout from the Iran Deal and the immediate heightened tensions.
"If you are marching with white nationalists, you are by definition not a very nice person. If Malala Yousafzai had taken part in that rally, you'd have to say 'Okay, I guess Malala sucks now.'" ~ John Oliver

flipp525
Laureate

Postby flipp525 » Sat May 12, 2018 11:23 am

Sabin wrote:Well, THAT didn't take fucking long, did it?

Yeah, what exactly are you referencing here, Sabin? It’s impossible to know, as Bog states.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

Bog
Assistant

Postby Bog » Sat May 12, 2018 8:54 am

This country is so fucked it's borderline impossible to pinpoint via post timestamp which Trumpian debacle you are referencing. The mere fact it has come to this is (hyperbolically?) epic scale. I'm certain in the past if I had merely googled-- "Obama/Bush news for WEEK of/MONTH of (insert date)" I'd have easily pinpointed the referenced item .

Trump news for May 10th at 8pm search results led me still not knowing which didn't take long...haha

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Thu May 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Well, THAT didn't take fucking long, did it?

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Wed May 09, 2018 1:55 am

It's gotten to the point where I dread turning on the news. Not only is all of it bad, it's dominated by the most vile human beings on the planet. If there's anyone I can't stand more than Trump, it's Giuliani. Now the pundits are all over CNN and MSNBC wondering what happened to "America's mayor", which is something he never was although that was the affectionate reference they gave him after 9/11. He was always a two-bit hustler just like his buddy, Trump and all the other creeps they surround themselves with.

I know eventually the worm will turn and we will be over this national nightmare, but in the meantime it feels like being straight-jacketed in an insane asylum where the biggest nuts are the ones running the place.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.” - Voltaire

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Tue May 08, 2018 2:04 pm

Well, the Iran deal was nice while it lasted...

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Mon May 07, 2018 2:22 pm

The new president of the NRA is Oliver Fucking North. Well, he certainly knows about arming people.

The only thing that gives me hope about the future of this country is that the right wing is such an embarrassing dumpster fire of human failure that MAYBE it just won't survive. The odds on that are shitty, but they are better than they've ever been.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/07/politics ... index.html

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:21 pm

Michelle Wolf's WHCD roast in its entirety. Fucking great stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=god-h9N82G0

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Postby Big Magilla » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:32 pm

Paul Ryan has forced out the House Chaplain, a Catholic priest who has held the position for seven years, for saying in a prayer that "lawmakers should be fair to all Americans" seen as siding with the Democrats, and for inviting a Muslim to offer a prayer before the chambers.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/26/paul-ryan ... er-prayer/
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.” - Voltaire

Sabin
Laureate

Postby Sabin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:18 pm

The first sentence of Bill Cosby's wikipedia page now reads: "William Henry Cosby Jr. is an American stand-up comedian, actor, musician, and convicted rapist."

Precious Doll
Tenured

Postby Precious Doll » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:58 am

So much depressing information in this thread it's time for a chuckle:

https://www.theage.com.au/world/europe/ ... 4zbpk.html
"I have no interest in all of that. I find that all tabloid stupidity" Woody Allen, The Guardian, 2014, in response to his adopted daughter's allegations.

Greg
Tenured

Postby Greg » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:01 pm

The job guarantee bandwagon continues.

Sen. Bernie Sanders to unveil plan to guarantee every American a job:

https://www.hudsonvalley360.com/article ... erican-job
You can resist an invading army; you cannot resist an idea whose time has come.

Victor Hugo

Greg
Tenured

Postby Greg » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Corey Booker now joins Kirsten Gillibrand in advocating a job guarantee:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... y-hamilton
You can resist an invading army; you cannot resist an idea whose time has come.

Victor Hugo

criddic3
Tenured

Postby criddic3 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:59 pm

Mister Tee wrote:Though it brings a twinge of pain, I have to admit this tweet is the funniest response to the Hannity reveal:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/985954975078670336

:D
"If you can't stand the nut on the left and you can't stand the nut on the right, go for the Johnson,” Jonathan S. Bush (10/21/2016)

Return to “Current Events”