Ratatouille
8%
Away From Her
No votes

Total votes: 40

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Akash wrote:And oh yeah rolotomasi, you're kinda nuts.
We all are, Aakash. Everybody is a little crazy. But rolo is also pretty brave to admit such a dark secret and to have apparently overcome it.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

We just like teasing Eric because he's so self deprecating and so easily embarrassed.

And oh yeah rolotomasi, you're kinda nuts.

Edited By Akash on 1200457171
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

Oh gosh.
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Akash wrote:
rolotomasi99 wrote:of all the people on this board, eric, i wish the most i could meet you.

Um, excuse me, there's a line.
hey, if i am willing to cut myself, what do you think i would do to anyone that keeps me from my eric. :D
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

flipp525 wrote:Oh, and to keep this post on topic, I voted for Once, but I'd like to cast an honorary vote for Rat Shit, too.
well, that would be the first thing we would talk about. why do people not like RATATOUILLE? it was so beautiful and sweet without being too smaltzy. i admit the human characters were annoying, except for peter o'toole's character ego -- who was brilliant. that moment where he first tastes the titular dish and flashes back to his mom makes me cry every time (yes, i cry easily). i think that scene is one of the best moments on film this year. what other cartoon from the u.s. is capable of such a incredibly moving moment without being shmaltzy? again, i admit the character linguini was really stupid, but ego and the rodent characters certainly made up for it.
i enjoyed once, but it was at student-film quality. it should not be in the same company as NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN or THERE WILL BE BLOOD, and certainly not be on the list above films like THE ASSASSINATION OF JESSE JAMES or I'M NOT THERE.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

rolotomasi99 wrote:of all the people on this board, eric, i wish the most i could meet you.
Um, excuse me, there's a line.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

I still haven't seen Atonement, Diving Bell and the Butterfly or Once yet, but I would vote Ratatouille, only because it is the weakest film here. I like them all, but have a feeling Once could take the honor when I finally catch up with it.
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

rolotomasi99 wrote:i do not think i have ever mentioned i live in dupont. i walk to and from the metro every day for work, so we probably have passed each other in the street. if you ever see a tall skinny guy with brown hair, it could be me. what should i be on the lookout for? twink, bear, yuppie?

rolo, I am a bit of a gym rat, so take from that what you will. 6'2", dirty blonde hair. I dress rather conservatively for work as one of the Beltway bandits (and I don't take the Metro in the mornings, so I wouldn't have seen you there). I can be caught in anything from a tight tank top and shades to a pair of Diesels and a baseball cap. I fashioned my old boy scouts uniform into a wifebeater and have been known to really fag it out and wear it out to the new dance club downtown (I love the whole irony of it). On nicer days and weekends, I like to take a book over to the Circle and people-watch or have a coffee with friends.

We should get together for a drink sometime at one of the local watering holes. JR's, perhaps? After all these years, I'd love to meet someone from the board. PM me if you'd like.

Oh, and to keep this post on topic, I voted for Once, but I'd like to cast an honorary vote for Rat Shit, too.

Edited By flipp525 on 1200439770
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

OscarGuy wrote:With flipp, it's probably skimpy and built...cause he's a gym bunny. :)
man, please tell me you work out for the health benefits and not because you want to look like the boys in the abercrombie and fitch ads. :)
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

With flipp, it's probably skimpy and built...cause he's a gym bunny. :)
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

flipp525 wrote:
rolotomasi99 wrote:thankfully i graduated from college this year, and just avoid being around gay men...which is kinda difficult since i live in dupont circle (the gayest neighborhood in a very gay city).

Wait, what? You live in Dupont Circle? So do I. How have we never had a conversation about this?

i do not think i have ever mentioned i live in dupont. i walk to and from the metro every day for work, so we probably have passed each other in the street. if you ever see a tall skinny guy with brown hair, it could be me. what should i be on the lookout for? twink, bear, yuppie?

Edited By rolotomasi99 on 1200424013
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

flipp525 wrote:JTT? I would've thought Tobey Maguire was more your type. Or, better yet, Michael Cera.
i love michael cera!!!! so dorky hot!
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

JTT? I would've thought Tobey Maguire was more your type. Or, better yet, Michael Cera.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

NO!!!
...yeah, kinda. sorry.
"How's the despair?"
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Sabin wrote:A quote.

True story: growing up, I had a picture of JTT in my bathroom and I used to beat off while crying and cutting myself in there. All. The. Time. Honest to God.
are you making fun of me. :p

i think oscarguy is going to get mad at us for pulling this thread soooooo off topic. i did this before when i asked what tadge was.

Return to “2000 - 2007”