Ratatouille
8%
Away From Her
No votes

Total votes: 40

Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

I'm so glad Away From her has zero votes. It's my favorite film of the year!

Oh shoot, now I guess someone will be moved to vote for it.
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

I consider Zodiac the most overrated movie.
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Penelope wrote:It's quite simple, really: Hilary Swank was groomed by Satan to steal Oscars from more talented and deserving actresses while Sandra Bullock (whom I just like, not quite love) is a minor associate of The Great and Glorious Goddess Known to Mere Mortals as Kate Winslet, sent by heaven to spread happiness and cheer around the world.
sorry about the mix up with sandra bullock. oscarguy pointed out my slip.

i think hilary swank gave two very good performances. however, you might be right about her selling her soul to satan since everything else she has ever done has been crap (except her small part in INSOMNIA). also, only satan could make P.S. I LOVE YOU a hit.
i agree with you on kate winslet. she is a goddess, even when in crap movies. she has to pay the bills some how since her loser husband is such a crap director...although i am holding out hope for REVOLUTIONARY ROAD.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

OscarGuy wrote:It's Van Helsing, who's been surprisingly silent, who has the thing for Sandra Bullock.
whoops! yeah, where is van helsing?
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Akash wrote:When the hell did this place become Ok Cupid?
Bitch.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

It's Van Helsing, who's been surprisingly silent, who has the thing for Sandra Bullock.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

flipp525 wrote:rolo, I am a bit of a gym rat, so take from that what you will. 6'2", dirty blonde hair. I dress rather conservatively for work as one of the Beltway bandits (and I don't take the Metro in the mornings, so I wouldn't have seen you there). I can be caught in anything from a tight tank top and shades to a pair of Diesels and a baseball cap. I fashioned my old boy scouts uniform into a wifebeater and have been known to really fag it out and wear it out to the new dance club downtown (I love the whole irony of it). On nicer days and weekends, I like to take a book over to the Circle and people-watch or have a coffee with friends.
When the hell did this place become Ok Cupid?
Bog
Assistant

Post by Bog »

Ahhh yes Steph....don't forget The Life of David Gale and The Holiday
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

Penelope wrote:The Great and Glorious Goddess Known to Mere Mortals as Kate Winslet, sent by heaven to spread happiness and cheer around the world.
Happiness and cheer were the last things on my mind when I saw Jude.

Oh and Finding Neverland.
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

rolotomasi99 wrote:
Penelope wrote:
Akash wrote:And oh yeah rolotomasi, you're kinda nuts.

We all are, Aakash. Everybody is a little crazy. But rolo is also pretty brave to admit such a dark secret and to have apparently overcome it.

thanks penelope. honestly, after eric, i most want to meet you next. you could explain to me why you hate hilary swank so much and love sandra bullock so much.

It's quite simple, really: Hilary Swank was groomed by Satan to steal Oscars from more talented and deserving actresses while Sandra Bullock (whom I just like, not quite love) is a minor associate of The Great and Glorious Goddess Known to Mere Mortals as Kate Winslet, sent by heaven to spread happiness and cheer around the world.

Edited By Penelope on 1200458605
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Eric wrote:I hope it's not just so's you can deck me.
Wow, dirty.

Oh wait, deck. Oh! Ok, I read that wrong.
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Penelope wrote:

We all are, Aakash. Everybody is a little crazy. But rolo is also pretty brave to admit such a dark secret and to have apparently overcome it.
thanks penelope. honestly, after eric, i most want to meet you next. you could explain to me why you hate hilary swank so much and love sandra bullock so much.
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

yeah, nuts for eric! :p
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

My bad! :)
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

I was joking about his joke, not his admission of an obviously horrific personal experience that he's overcome.

Edited By Akash on 1200458026

Return to “2000 - 2007”