8%
Away From Her
No votes

Total votes: 40

Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Steph2 wrote:
Akash wrote:With all the polls all over this board, I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet for "Best Pixar Film" and "Worst Pixar Film." Not to mention "Best Traditonal Disney Animated Film Since The Little Mermaid Revival."

What have I ever done to you???

How odd in retrospect.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

Akash wrote:With all the polls all over this board, I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet for "Best Pixar Film" and "Worst Pixar Film." Not to mention "Best Traditonal Disney Animated Film Since The Little Mermaid Revival."
What have I ever done to you???
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

we did a poll a long time ago on the disney non-traditional one.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

With all the polls all over this board, I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet for "Best Pixar Film" and "Worst Pixar Film." Not to mention "Best Traditonal Disney Animated Film Since The Little Mermaid Revival."

For Pixar's worst, Cars should absolutely not be included. Too easy. I'd love to vote for Ratatouille as the best and The Incredibles as the worst.

I predict Anonymous and Steph would each have a meltdown trying to cast their votes -- for different reasons of course.

Edited By Akash on 1202591369
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

I'm still trying to figure out how JTT became part of this thread. Well there was something rodent-like to his face, so I guess there is a Ratatouille connection.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
Steph2
Assistant

Post by Steph2 »

JTT is blond (or was blond? Does he still get to be blond if they never found his head?) so -- even though I was way too young when he was popular -- I never found him appealing.

He's also a pro-lifer who lent his voice to an unborn fetus in some televised pro-life crap. Can't stand him.
ITALIANO
Emeritus

Post by ITALIANO »

I can't vote here because I haven't seen all these ten movies (and probably never will)... but I wonder why Atonement should be considered "overrated". I don't think anyone considered it a masterpiece, it's not getting much attention from the precursors (except the Globes), it probably won't fare well at the Oscars... And while I am one of those who weren't too enthusiastic about it, I think that its destiny is a bit unfair - in an unusually great year for American cinema, this decent, well made, admittedly not groundbreaking movie has come to be identified with traditional, impersonal, old-fashioned filmmaking. It IS traditional, true, but not stupid, and there are some very good things in it; even those who saw its Golden Globes win as a triumph of conventional cinema over high art were, I think, a bit mistaken (in another year, the same people might have applauded such a choice). And anyway I feel that it doesn't completely deserve the backlash it is suffering here and which will probably suffer at the Oscars.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Nope. Heroin-addicted death in Berlin by beheading during gay sex.
"How's the despair?"
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

I looked it up. According to the IMDb, he's engaged...to a girl.
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

That's Berlin for you...

...and heroin...

...and years of obscurity having the gayest sex on the planet...

...while on heroin.
"How's the despair?"
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Sabin wrote:Actually they never found his head, so who the fuck knows?
Trust me, he definitely had a smile on his face.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Actually they never found his head, so who the fuck knows?
"How's the despair?"
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Sabin wrote:JTT. Berlin prostitution house. Skid marks head to toe. Anus hang like sleeve of wizard. Body identified without head. That's my theory at least.
At least he went out with a smile on his face. :)
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Is it just me or is vestige the dirtiest word in the English language that isn't actually dirty?

There are certain celebrities that fade so far into obscurity and "Whatever Happened?"-dom that I have to believe they perished somewhere in a compromised positions and the family's found out before everybody else and just decided "No, no...let people wonder."

JTT. Berlin prostitution house. Skid marks head to toe. Anus hang like sleeve of wizard. Body identified without head. That's my theory at least.

Edited By Sabin on 1200759171
"How's the despair?"
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Sabin wrote:True story: growing up, I had a picture of JTT in my bathroom and I used to beat off while crying and cutting myself in there. All. The. Time. Honest to God.

I'm sure there's some vestige of truth in there -- and I don't think it involves the cutting and crying part.

But omigosh, talk about blasts from the past! First Brad Renfro (who I couldn't recall at first) and now JTT (who I definitely recall a lot of girls liking in the mid 90's?) -- what ever happened to JTT? Did he finally come out? Did he overdose too? Did his voice ever crack? Did he just disappear?

Edited By Akash on 1200531920

Return to “2000 - 2007”