8%
Away From Her
No votes

Total votes: 40

rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Eric wrote:
rolotomasi99 wrote:of all the people on this board, eric, i wish the most i could meet you.

I hope it's not just so's you can deck me.
no! :p you just fascinate me. you were so vicious in an argument we had after the last oscar telecast about brian de palma. i was like, "wow! i think i am in love with this guy." i still am not impressed with de palma, but i want to watch his movies with you and have you convince me he is brilliant.

also, i am totally in love with your avatar. i like to think of you as a strong black woman, even though i know you are a guy and am pretty sure you are white.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
-- Amy Poehler in praise of Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

A quote.

True story: growing up, I had a picture of JTT in my bathroom and I used to beat off while crying and cutting myself in there. All. The. Time. Honest to God.

Edited By Sabin on 1200419852
"How's the despair?"
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

rolotomasi99 wrote:thankfully i graduated from college this year, and just avoid being around gay men...which is kinda difficult since i live in dupont circle (the gayest neighborhood in a very gay city).

Wait, what? You live in Dupont Circle? So do I. How have we never had a conversation about this?

Edited By flipp525 on 1200419149
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

rolotomasi99 wrote:of all the people on this board, eric, i wish the most i could meet you.
I hope it's not just so's you can deck me.
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Sabin wrote:"Beyond knowing that I am basically a conservative, I don't think about the minutia of each position I take. (07/26/07)"
Criddic
:laugh: :D :)

i just noticed this sabin. very funny.
"When it comes to the subject of torture, I trust a woman who was married to James Cameron for three years."
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Isolate this thread and put in the canon.
"How's the despair?"
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Eric wrote:It was a joke anyway. I appreciate your candor.
of all the people on this board, eric, i wish the most i could meet you.
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

It was a joke anyway. I appreciate your candor.
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Eric wrote:My mistake. I thought all gay guys loved De Palma.
i think vito russo, author of "the celluloid closet", would strongly disagree with you. that is where i first learned de palma is homophobic.

i probably just opened up a whole can of whoop-ass from eric, but as you can tell i am a masochist.
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

kaytodd wrote:I thought criddic was making a kidding reply to Steph's story about crushing the DVD. He used rolo's post about "cruelty" as part of his reply. I do not think he was replying directly to rolo.

This board is a lot of fun :)
well, then it makes my sudden revelation all the more embarrassing! :p
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

My mistake. I thought all gay guys loved De Palma.
kaytodd
Assistant

Post by kaytodd »

I thought criddic was making a kidding reply to Steph's story about crushing the DVD. He used rolo's post about "cruelty" as part of his reply. I do not think he was replying directly to rolo.

This board is a lot of fun :)
The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living. Oliver Wendell Holmes
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Eric wrote:Why would someone who isn't gay even care what a group of mean gay guys had to say?

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

are you joking?

how can anyone read my response and think i am speaking as a straight man?

Edited By rolotomasi99 on 1200410614
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

Why would someone who isn't gay even care what a group of mean gay guys had to say?
rolotomasi99
Professor

Post by rolotomasi99 »

Sabin wrote:
That's a truly cruel story. Did you cut yourself?

i used to cut myself in college. i have these huge disfiguring scars all over my arms and legs. some mean gays told me i was ugly and no one would ever fuck me. so i cut myself. the funny thing is they were right. guys take one look at my ugly face and certainly do not want to have anything to do with me, even before they see the scars.

whoa, probably more than you wanted to know, but you just caught me by surprise by saying that.

This is the most hilariously impromptu post of the year that's actually completely horrifying. Both if you're joking and if you're not. I've read it five times and I'm mostly positive you're joking but I really could be wrong.
nope. not joking. my response is as impromptu as criddic3's original impromptu comment. it so caught me off guard, i found myself just answering honestly. i would never joke about something like that.

it is probably why i dislike gay people so much, though not in a larry craig/ted haggard closeted way. i just find that culture of beauty very dangerous. i let it control me, and suffered the self-inflicted consequences.

thankfully i graduated from college this year, and just avoid being around gay men...which is kinda difficult since i live in dupont circle (the gayest neighborhood in a very gay city).

Return to “2000 - 2007”