No votes
1/2 *
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 9

rudeboy
Adjunct

Post by rudeboy »

A low *** Pretty solid for a kidflick, and has more charm than any of the Potter movies (with the exception of the unexpectedly excellent Goblet of Fire). Josh Hutcherson is one of the finest and most natural child actors around.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

My first thought when i saw the preview was...oh, god...it's another Chronicles of Narnia lame-fest. And the Walden Media/Disney tie-in didn't make me want to see it.

However, I was dragged to it tonight with free passes we got for sound problems at Ghost Rider (vomit) last week.

Oh my goodness! This was a wonderful movie. It forced me back into my childhood and brought back such wonderful memories. It's tender, sweet and most of all engaging. The kids are cute and unprecocious. They may not give the best performances, but they are at least entertainingly credible.

The effects are wondrous and the story is very moving. I rarely ever give out **** this early in the year, but I can't think of a single reason right now why I shouldn't.

This one's a treasure.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Anon
Temp

Post by Anon »

Just wanted to highly recommend this movie, which is nothing at all like the trailer! In fact, I think marketing for this movie is truly irresponsible considering the way the story unfolds. (Not to give anything away for anyone who's not familiar with the novel on which this movie is based).

Return to “2000 - 2007”