Grey Gardens

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Closing thread. This information is already part of a discussion in the 2008 thread.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

My sister just brought this to my attention, but apparently Daniel Baldwin is set to play Julius Krug, the "secret true love of Edith "Little Edie" Bouvier Beale" in the upcoming HBO television production of Grey Gardens. Julius Krug happens to be my now-deceased great-grandfather. I'm looking into this family story as we speak. Um, bizarre!
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

I hope this never gets made, or at least with the proposed cast.

And whilst on the subject of Grey Gardens, Criterion will be releasing a sequel of sorts (shot footage that wasn't used in the original) in December.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Eric
Tenured

Post by Eric »

Supposedly we'll get to hear Drew Barrymore complain that she's "just pulverised by this latest thing" and hear Jessica Lange croon "Tea for Two."

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0758751/

Return to “2000 - 2007”