The Hottest State

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

rudeboy wrote:What a cast! And where the heck has Sonia Braga been???
She played the third Derevko sister on "Alias" a couple seasons ago and was quite deliciously evil. Besides that I've seen her play Samantha Jones' lesbian lover on "Sex and the City".
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
rudeboy
Adjunct

Post by rudeboy »

What a cast! And where the heck has Sonia Braga been???
VanHelsing
Assistant

Post by VanHelsing »

Yeah, Damien's in The Hottest State right now together with Ethan Hawke! WOOHOO!
With a Southern accent...
"Don't you dare lie to me!" and...
"You threaten my congeniality, you threaten me!"

-------

"You shouldn't be doing what you're doing. The truth is enough!"
"Are you and Perry?" ... "Please, Nelle."
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

"The Hottest State" - that's the state you're in right now, Damien. Correct?
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

This will undoubtedly be one of the finest movies of 2007, so might as well get the thread started with this exciting press release:

HICKORY RECORDS TO RELEASE ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK TO NEW ETHAN HAWKE FILM 'THE HOTTEST STATE' ON AUG 7

FEATURING ALL-NEW RECORDINGS OF SONGS BY GRAMMY-WINNER JESSE HARRIS PERFORMED BY WILLIE NELSON, EMMYLOU HARRIS, NORAH JONES, CAT POWER, BRIGHT EYES, FEIST AND OTHERS

'THE HOTTEST STATE,' STARRING MARK WEBBER, CATALINA SANDINO MORENO, LAURA LINNEY, MICHELLE WILLIAMS, SONIA BRAGA AND ETHAN HAWKE, HITS THEATERS AUG 24 VIA THINKFILM

May 21, 2007-- On August 7, Hickory Records will release the original motion picture soundtrack to the new Ethan Hawke film 'The Hottest State.' The soundtrack features sixteen songs, plus two score passages, all recorded exclusively for the film. Grammy-winning singer/songwriter Jesse Harris wrote all the music for the soundtrack and serves as the album's co-executive producer along with Hawke. Together they assembled a peerless group of artists to record Harris' songs: Willie Nelson, Emmylou Harris, Norah Jones, Cat Power, Bright Eyes, Feist, The Black Keys, M. Ward, Brad Mehldau, Tony Scherr and Argentinean newcomer, Rocha. Jesse Harris recorded three songs for the soundtrack himself and also has a small role in the film.

"From our first conversation, I was overwhelmed by the quality of Jesse's songwriting and how perfectly matched it was to my aspirations for the tone and mood of the film," recalls Ethan Hawke. He continues, "An idea began to develop: What if we scored the film entirely with original songs written by Jesse and performed by contemporary artists hand-picked to match certain scenes? To my mind this would give the entire film a continuity of authorship while still providing massive shifts in energy."

Harris, who has known Hawke since the early 1990s, has released six albums as a solo artist. His songs have been recorded by Madeleine Peyroux, Pat Metheny, and Lizz Wright, and in 2003, he won a Song of the Year Grammy, for writing Norah Jones' smash hit "Don't Know Why."

Adapted by Ethan Hawke from his novel of the same name, 'The Hottest State' is a bittersweet romance that distills the joy, pain, erotic highs, and emotional lows of first love. Hawke directs and co-stars in the film along with Mark Webber (`Broken Flowers'); Oscar-nominees Catalina Sandino Moreno (`Maria Full Of Grace'), Laura Linney (`Mystic River,' `The Squid and the Whale'), and Michelle Williams (`Brokeback Mountain'); and Sonia Braga (`Kiss Of The Spider Woman').

Hickory Records is a new label imprint launched by Sony/ATV Music Publishing, who represent some of the world's greatest songwriters including John Lennon & Paul McCartney, Miles Davis, Joni Mitchell, Beck, John Mayer, and Lauryn Hill to name a few. 'The Hottest State' soundtrack is the second release by Hickory, following the debut album from American Idol finalist Elliott Yamin earlier this year.

'THE HOTTEST STATE' TRACK LISTING:

01 Rocha - "Ya No Te Veria Mas (Never See You)"
02 Willie Nelson - "Always Seem to Get Things Wrong"
03 Feist - "Somewhere Down the Road"
04 Bright Eyes - "Big Old House"
05 Emmylou Harris - "The Speed of Sound"
06 Jesse Harris - "It Will Stay With Us"
07 The Black Keys - "If You Ever Slip"
08 M. Ward - "Crooked Lines"
09 Norah Jones - "World of Trouble"
10 Brad Mehldau - "Never See You"
11 Cat Power - "It's Alright to Fail"
12 Jesse Harris - "One Day the Dam Will Break"
13 Tony Scherr - "You, the Queen"
14 "Morning in a Strange City (Cafe)"
15 Rocha - "No More"
16 Jesse Harris - "Dear Dorothy"
17 Rocha - "Never See You"
18 "There Are No Second Chances"

For more information, please contact Rebecca Shapiro (rshapiro@shorefire.com) or Matt Hanks (mhanks@shorefire.com) at Shore Fire Media: 718.522.7171.

http://www.shorefire.com
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell

Return to “2000 - 2007”