Premonition

VanHelsing
Assistant

Post by VanHelsing »

Check out my new avatar, ya'll! :D

And check out the Official Site for this film. Enjoy!
With a Southern accent...
"Don't you dare lie to me!" and...
"You threaten my congeniality, you threaten me!"

-------

"You shouldn't be doing what you're doing. The truth is enough!"
"Are you and Perry?" ... "Please, Nelle."
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

matthew wrote:lol...and he's the son of an Australian Prime Minister. Could you imagine one of George Bush's children baring their backside in a film....
But then Julian McMahon is not really Billy McMahon's son.

Billy McMahon was a homosexual. Not that homosexuals can't father children, plenty of them have, but in this case he married good time girl Sonia McMahon for political purposes only.

There was a great article about Billy McMahon in an issue of The Bulletin last year (Australia's version of Time/Newsweek) that was hilarious. Appartently Billy used to cruise men's change rooms naked and would strike up conversations with strangers whilst buck naked, drawing out the conversations for as long as he could. He once got beaten up when he was a minister (or maybe even Prime Minister) but it was reported as a 'sporting accident' (tennis, if you can believe that).

I've heard all sorts of stories about him for years. I have no reason to believe that they are not true.

Rumor has it that Julian's father is Billy Sneedan, another vile conservative politican from the same party as Billy McMahon(Australia's version of the Republicans or British Torres).

Also Julian doesn't look anything like Billy, but does bear more then a passing resemblance to Billy Sneedan.

Sonia McMahon, (I refuse to refer to her a Lady Sonia - she's so far from that) was well known to service members of the Consverative Parties in Australia during the 1960's. It will be a good job when she kicks the bucket and saves Australian taxpayers some money.

None of this changes my opionon on Julian. His gorgeous looking (unlike most internationally known Australian/New Zealand actors) and though I have not seen his television work it would be nice to see him have some success on the big screen.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
matthew
Graduate

Post by matthew »

lol...and he's the son of an Australian Prime Minister. Could you imagine one of George Bush's children baring their backside in a film....
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

flipp525 wrote:I saw the preview for this film in the theater and it looked quite interesting. I just love Julian McMahon, too, so that's an added bonus.
Flipp,

You should track down a film called Exchange Lifeguard (U.S. title Wet and Wild Summer).

It was made in 1992 and Julian McMahon spends most of the film in a pair of speedo's patroling a beach (including the nude part of the beach where he is required to remove his swimmers - yes there is a rear nude shot!).

It's not a good film. To be truthful it's terrible. But it's one of those films that's so bad it's good.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
VanHelsing
Assistant

Post by VanHelsing »

Yeah, it looks kinda original, isn't it? I just hope the film's good. Definitely looking forward to it for you-know-who! ;)
With a Southern accent...
"Don't you dare lie to me!" and...
"You threaten my congeniality, you threaten me!"

-------

"You shouldn't be doing what you're doing. The truth is enough!"
"Are you and Perry?" ... "Please, Nelle."
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I saw the preview for this film in the theater and it looked quite interesting. I just love Julian McMahon, too, so that's an added bonus.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I don't often like posters but that is a rather intriguing poster... it seems to capture the essence of the word premonition.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Hey, Van, have you seen the poster for Premonition? This is a fantastic poster! I'm looking forward to this one.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster

Return to “2000 - 2007”