Janis Joplin

flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

I think Zooey Deschanel is a great choice for the role of Janis Joplin and I'm excited to see what she ends up doing with it. Just because the nature of the role, this would probably have to go in the category of Best Actress potential nominees for next year, even sight unseen. Her talent is pretty unmistakable. She was certainly the best thing in the otherwise execrable Failure to Launch (a movie I was forced to watch on a plane this past summer).
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Don't know if this is going to be out by 2007 but here goes:

Deschanel Beats Spears and Lohan to Joplin Role
Zooey Deschanel has beaten Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears and Scarlett Johansson to the coveted role of Janis Joplin in the forthcoming movie biopic of the tragic singer. Pop punk Pink was originally director Penelope Spheeris' first choice to play the late rocker, but pulled out, blaming the movie's producers for turning the casting process into "some circus pop contest - who's the 'it' girl who wants to play Janis." However, Almost Famous beauty Deschanel, 26, has signed to play Joplin in The Gospel According To Janis, which starts filming in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in November. "Piece Of My Heart" hitmaker Joplin died of an heroin and alcohol overdose in a Hollywood hotel room in October 1970 at the age of 27.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “2000 - 2007”