For Your Consideration

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I have no idea. Nothing has happened to it to my knowledge.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

What happens to the threads that I start?

I remember posting reviews and everything.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Catherine O'Hara will probably win a couple of critics awards for this which should propel her to an overdue nomination.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
99-1100896887

Post by 99-1100896887 »

I thought I would start a thread here for this film, which opens later this week.
The reviews here say that this film belongs to Catherine O'Hara. I sincerely hope someone from this film is nominated, as certainly mainstream Hollywood LIKES Guest's movies, but they never get the awards. The song from "A Mighty Wind" received loud applause when it appeared on the Oscars--to me, the reaction signified a great respect for Guest's films. Fred Willard, Parker Posey, and Eugene Levy certainly deserve awards for their work on Guest's films, not to mention O'Hara.
We'll see, later this week, what the rest of you say about it. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Just another reason why ensemble films should be recognized at the Oscars, the same way they are recognized for other annual awards.

Return to “2000 - 2007”