The Lake House

VanHelsing
Assistant

Post by VanHelsing »

i haven't seen the film but dying to see it. but in all likelihood, i'm gonna LOVE this film after i've seen it. ;)
With a Southern accent...
"Don't you dare lie to me!" and...
"You threaten my congeniality, you threaten me!"

-------

"You shouldn't be doing what you're doing. The truth is enough!"
"Are you and Perry?" ... "Please, Nelle."
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

SPOILS...

Not specifically that but the whole thing surrounding that event. By a future occurrence (2008, BTW) stopping him from running in front of the bus would have unhinged the entire plot because then she never would have mentioned in her letter that she couldn't save a man from dying that Valentine's Day, which thus sent her in search of the Lake House for solitude and it would have also prvented the brother from saying his brother had died sending Sandra to go and warn her...

I came up with a great idea to have fixed the entire thing but they don't ask me.

Take this and see how it would have fixed the trouble:

When we see the bus miss him, the accident was not actually he and his brother's statement wasn't that he was dead but that he'd run off again and didn't know where he was...

The missed date could have been him thinking that she was never going to write him again and taking off for parts unknown returning only to see the work of his father one last time sees the mailbox shows a message waiting, which is her lamenting his whereabouts after all these years...

Then, there are other ideas I had but would require some in-person comparative analyses.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Ok, SPOILER
I presume you're talking about the fact that she can't save him on Valentine's Day, 2006, but she's able to save him on Valentine's Day, 2007....

It's not a very logical film, and, overall, rather dull.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I'm actually quite shocked that no one is discussing this movie? I saw it with a group on Monday. I wanted to like it but...SPOILERS: I picked out that it was Keanu's body that got hit by the truck and there was one REALLY BIG time paradox which the producers/director didn't seem to care about.

What are other peoples' reactions? Can anyone who's seen the film this is based on tell me if the same time paradox persists? If you don't know which I'm talking about as you haven't seen this new film, I can post it with a spoiler warning.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “2000 - 2007”