World Trade Centre trailer

Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

OscarGuy wrote:On a side note, I almost wish Oliver Stone WERE making a politically-charged film. At least those of us who feel betrayed by the actions that followed the collapse of the WTC would be a little more anxious to see it.
Do you think, that with the lack of WMDs in Iraq, the Phoenix memo, et al., that a large-enough segment of the public would go to see a JFK-style 9/11 conspiracy theory movie?
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I don't know. This one doesn't look like Poseidon, MI:III or any of the other traditional blockbusters that are coming out. I think it might be good, I'm not sure, though. The trailer could be significantly misleading.

On a side note, I almost wish Oliver Stone WERE making a politically-charged film. At least those of us who feel betrayed by the actions that followed the collapse of the WTC would be a little more anxious to see it.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

With the caveat that judging by trailers is kind of pointless...

This one suggests to me World Trade Center is going to be precisely what I was so grateful United 93 was not: an utter banalization of a personally traumatic event (complete with eye-popping special effects). Reducing this day to Hollywood formula feels sacrilegious right now -- twenty years on, maybe it'd be acceptable.
kooyah
Graduate

Post by kooyah »

Judging from the trailer, WTC is going to be absolutely terrible. I bet more people will go see it instead of United 93, though. :(
jack
Assistant

Post by jack »

I don't yet know what to make of this. Check it out here

P.S. Paul Simon for the theme song, thus winning his long overdue Oscar.

Return to “2000 - 2007”