Happy Thanksgiving '11

Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: Happy Thanksgiving '11

Post by Big Magilla »

ksrymy wrote:Not only is it Thanksgiving, it's also my birthday.
Happy Birthday, Ryan. If you update your prfofile to incude your birth date you could have your own Happy Birthday thread. :D
Dien
Graduate

Post by Dien »

Happy Birthday ksrymy!
ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

Not only is it Thanksgiving, it's also my birthday.
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Dien
Graduate

Post by Dien »

Happy Turkey Day!

I hear it's cold there.
FilmFan720
Emeritus

Post by FilmFan720 »

Sonic, we too are hosting Thanksgiving for the first time (sort of). My mother-in-law passed away in February, and we are taking over the reigns from her (although still having it at her house...we can't fit 40 people in our little bungalow!). It is overwhelming, but a reminder that life can move on and things here are starting to smell real good.

Hope you all have lovely days, even our foreign friends, and that you take a little bit of time out today to remember the little things that we still have to be thankful for, even in times when it seems everyone has big things being taken away every day!
"Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good."
- Minor Myers, Jr.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Happy Thankgiving Friends !!
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

Happy wishes to all you UAADB folks, the most intelligent and fun place of its kind.

Sonic, happy hosting!

Daniel, happy day off from teaching!

Big, happy back-on-the-east-coast holiday!

Tee, happy time in New Milford -- if that's where you are. (It's where I'm writing this.)
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

Lots to be thankful for, especially this new teaching job. It's a temporary job, but I have my own classroom, possibly for the rest of the school year. I'm teaching 8th Grade math (and one class of 7th Grade), and it's been a major learning experience, but even though it got off to a rough start, I can actually see myself making progress and see myself getting better. (I still prefer the 10th-12th graders, but I can be happy with this, I've learned.) Let me name two people in particular that I'm thankful for: Andrew, one of the most kind-natured people I've ever met, who will do anything at all to help, including coming back during his PE period, all without even having to be asked. Spencer, who has the kind of infectious personality that always gives me a lift at the time of day when I need it.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

To everyone here who celebrates Thanksgiving, have the happiest of celebrations tomorrow. To everyone else, treat yourself to a fantastic meal anyway.

We're hosting our very first Thanksgiving, and I'm taking a break chopping vegatables. Fortunately, we're pretty much on top of things, and it's only for six people, but still... it's slightly overwhelming. I realized tonight I have a lot to be thankful for this year, but I don't thoroughly appreciate it, or at least I don't take the time to reflect on it. Among the many things to be thankful for are all of you. I've not had much time to write in depth about the movies I've watched this year, but I always enjoy checking what my friends on this MB are up to and what's on their minds. And for that, we should all thank Oscar Guy for keeping this community together for all these years. Have a second helping tomorrow night, Wesley. You've earned it.
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Dien
Graduate

Post by Dien »

Happy eating!
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Happy Thanksgiving '11

Post by Mister Tee »

I don't quite know how it got so late in the year -- last thing I remember, it was Labor Day -- but Thanksgiving is just about here, and, since I'll be hitting the road relatively early tomorrow, I thought I'd offer the warmest of holiday wishes to all. For, sadly, another year, I have less than alot for which to be thankful, but this board remains one bright spot in my day. So, thanks to you all.

Return to “General Off-Topic”