UAADB on The Web

Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

What's that supposed to mean? Other than the fact that I should make my profile private.
"How's the despair?"
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I figured it out when I actually got a chance to look through the pictures. :)
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Change of Pace. Picture taken while backpacking through Tiberius on the way to Jordan.
"How's the despair?"
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Je m´apelle Louis
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

enchanté. ;)
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Je m'appelle Joseph.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Ok. I think I'm confused. I can't get into any of the Group Forum Threads on MySpace, so some of these questions I can't get answered. Can anyone tell me who these people are: (yes, I know I'll feel stupid when you tell me)

Change of Pace
Joseph
Alan (not sure this is a UAADB member)
Shawn Wells (not sure this is a UAADB member)
Just Ask I Might Tell You (not sure this is a UAADB member)
Scim (not sure this is a UAADB member)
Wesley Lovell
Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

My blog is finally active again.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

Just read Akash's post a few lines earlier finally. Crazy...

Edited By Sabin on 1217033496
"How's the despair?"
Zahveed
Associate

Post by Zahveed »

Nice title font Wes, very Fear and Loathing.
"It's the least most of us can do, but less of us will do more."
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

I just started a blog today. If anyone's interested, you can find it here.

Tell your friends! :p
"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)
Hustler
Tenured

Post by Hustler »

Accurate comment!
flipp525
Laureate

Post by flipp525 »

Akash wrote:Yikes! More reason not to join Facebook.

NEW YORK TIMES
February 23, 2008
World Briefing | Africa
Morocco: Prison for Facebook Prince
By NEIL MacFARQUHAR

Fouad Mourtada, a 26-year-old engineer, was sentenced by a Casablanca court to three years in prison for creating a fake profile of the king’s brother on Facebook, the Internet social networking site, the official news agency MAP reported. He was accused of “villainous practices” and of stealing the identity of the crown prince, Moulay Rachid. The case has ignited the Moroccan blogosphere, which used it as a prime example of deteriorating freedom of expression in the North African kingdom. Hundreds of prank profiles exist on Facebook, for everyone from President Bush to Osama bin Laden. At least four fake Moulay Rachid Facebook pages have now been set up, apparently from the safety of overseas. The defense said it would appeal the sentence, MAP reported. MAP announced at the time of Mr. Mourtada’s arrest that no Moroccan royals maintained Web sites or blogs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008....=slogin

In retrospect, was this some sort of hint?

Edited By flipp525 on 1205121785
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Akash
Professor

Post by Akash »

Yikes! More reason not to join Facebook.

NEW YORK TIMES
February 23, 2008
World Briefing | Africa
Morocco: Prison for Facebook Prince
By NEIL MacFARQUHAR

Fouad Mourtada, a 26-year-old engineer, was sentenced by a Casablanca court to three years in prison for creating a fake profile of the king’s brother on Facebook, the Internet social networking site, the official news agency MAP reported. He was accused of “villainous practices” and of stealing the identity of the crown prince, Moulay Rachid. The case has ignited the Moroccan blogosphere, which used it as a prime example of deteriorating freedom of expression in the North African kingdom. Hundreds of prank profiles exist on Facebook, for everyone from President Bush to Osama bin Laden. At least four fake Moulay Rachid Facebook pages have now been set up, apparently from the safety of overseas. The defense said it would appeal the sentence, MAP reported. MAP announced at the time of Mr. Mourtada’s arrest that no Moroccan royals maintained Web sites or blogs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008....=slogin
MovieWes
Professor

Post by MovieWes »

"Young men make wars and the virtues of war are the virtues of young men: courage and hope for the future. Then old men make the peace, and the vices of peace are the vices of old men: mistrust and caution." -- Alec Guinness (Lawrence of Arabia)

Return to “General Off-Topic”