Missing in Action - Films still not released on DVD/Blu Ray

dws1982
Emeritus

Re: Missing in Action - Films still not released on DVD/Blu Ray

Post by dws1982 »

It's been released on Blu-Ray and DVD in the US by Olive Films. Amazon shows it in stock, and there are a couple of listings for it on Ebay. It doesn't seem to be available streaming anywhere even for digital purchase or rental--JustWatch doesn't even show a listing for it.
mrhoyer
Graduate

Post by mrhoyer »

Seeking the 1983 movie Reuben, Reuben with Tom Conti. Any leads? :)
mrhoyer
Graduate

Post by mrhoyer »

dws1982 wrote:
mrhoyer wrote:Looking for the 1983 movie Betrayal with Ben Kingsley and Jeremy Irons. I don't think it was ever released on DVD? Any hints?
I seem to remember it was posted in parts on YouTube at some point. The quality was about VHS-level, and I don't know if it's still available there. I did a search on Blu-Ray.com and it indeed appears that it has never been released on DVD, and it doesn't appear to be available to rent or purchase on any of the major streaming vendors like Amazon or Vudu. 20th Century Fox distributed it in the US, so I'm not sure why it's so hard to watch, unless they lost the rights and it's held up due to those issues.
I found it on Youtube! Thank you!
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

mrhoyer wrote:Looking for the 1983 movie Betrayal with Ben Kingsley and Jeremy Irons. I don't think it was ever released on DVD? Any hints?
I seem to remember it was posted in parts on YouTube at some point. The quality was about VHS-level, and I don't know if it's still available there. I did a search on Blu-Ray.com and it indeed appears that it has never been released on DVD, and it doesn't appear to be available to rent or purchase on any of the major streaming vendors like Amazon or Vudu. 20th Century Fox distributed it in the US, so I'm not sure why it's so hard to watch, unless they lost the rights and it's held up due to those issues.
mrhoyer
Graduate

Post by mrhoyer »

Looking for the 1983 movie Betrayal with Ben Kingsley and Jeremy Irons. I don't think it was ever released on DVD? Any hints?
mrhoyer
Graduate

Post by mrhoyer »

Does anyone know if the Dutch movie Instinct from last year (with Carice van Houten) will release or has an expected streaming/blu-ray date in the Netherlands/US. I missed it at the Chicago film festival and I haven't heard anything about it since.
mrhoyer
Graduate

Post by mrhoyer »

Precious Doll wrote:
The only release I am aware of is in Romania on Blu Ray (Region Free I think) a couple of years ago in a limited edition that included English subtitles.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=296065

I did manage to purchase a copy (having seen it previously on the big screen) from a Romanian retailer but that was back when it was first released. A crying shame that this film has not been picked for distribution in the US or UK.

This link has more information about the Blu Ray release. Maybe you could email them - it may have been re-released on DVD or something.

https://www.publicator.ro/portfolio_ite ... evada.html

It has been released on DVD in a couple of countries in Europe (France, Italy, Spain) but none have English subtitles.

Thank you!
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

mrhoyer wrote:Hello!

I am seeking the 2016 film from Romania 'Sieranevada' directed by Cristi Puiu

If anyone knows of where to find with English subtitles!

Thanks a million
The only release I am aware of is in Romania on Blu Ray (Region Free I think) a couple of years ago in a limited edition that included English subtitles.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=296065

I did manage to purchase a copy (having seen it previously on the big screen) from a Romanian retailer but that was back when it was first released. A crying shame that this film has not been picked for distribution in the US or UK.

This link has more information about the Blu Ray release. Maybe you could email them - it may have been re-released on DVD or something.

https://www.publicator.ro/portfolio_ite ... evada.html

It has been released on DVD in a couple of countries in Europe (France, Italy, Spain) but none have English subtitles.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
mrhoyer
Graduate

Post by mrhoyer »

Precious Doll wrote:There is also a beautiful official Polish Blu Ray release of the film which can probably be purchased from a Polish DVD/Blu Ray on-line seller.

I picked up a copy of eBay some time ago, so that is another option.

Not sure if the Blu Ray is Region locked but if you want me to check to drop a line on this post. The Blu Ray has optional English subtitles.

Most tragic that this film remains unreleased in any English speaking countries. I was lucky enough to see it first on the big screen and is was a spectacular viewing experience. The sound design is outstanding.

I really loved it. Was remarkably close to the novel. Shame it hasn't found a US release!
mrhoyer
Graduate

Post by mrhoyer »

Hello!

I am seeking the 2016 film from Romania 'Sieranevada' directed by Cristi Puiu

If anyone knows of where to find with English subtitles!

Thanks a million
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Precious Doll wrote:There is also a beautiful official Polish Blu Ray release of the film which can probably be purchased from a Polish DVD/Blu Ray on-line seller.

Not sure if the Blu Ray is Region locked but if you want me to check to drop a line on this post. The Blu Ray has optional English subtitles.

Most tragic that this film remains unreleased in any English speaking countries. I was lucky enough to see it first on the big screen and is was a spectacular viewing experience. The sound design is outstanding.
I have a link to this film. Will watch it now after your recommendation.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

There is also a beautiful official Polish Blu Ray release of the film which can probably be purchased from a Polish DVD/Blu Ray on-line seller.

"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

mrhoyer wrote:Does anyone have a copy or access to the 2017 Polish film Spoor/Pokot. Just finished the book and cannot find the movie anywhere!

Thanks
Please check your inbox for a link to this film.
mrhoyer
Graduate

Post by mrhoyer »

Does anyone have a copy or access to the 2017 Polish film Spoor/Pokot. Just finished the book and cannot find the movie anywhere!

Thanks
mrhoyer
Graduate

Post by mrhoyer »

Reza wrote: Check your message box.

Amazing. Thank you!

Return to “DVD Discussions”