Netflix becomes Netflix + Qwikster

OscarGuy
Site Admin

Re: Netflix becomes Netflix + Qwikster

Post by OscarGuy »

Sorry to disappoint you, Greg, but that's contextual advertisement. Google's ads use data collected from other sites you've visited to pop up ads that you are more likely to click on. Either that or it scans the page your on and picks a trigger word to choose an ad to match the interest.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Greg
Tenured

Post by Greg »

Speaking of Netflix, I often use m-w.com, Merriam-Webster's online dictionary/thesaurus. Most times I get a Netflix popup. I guess Netflix thinks there are a lot of potential Netflix customers among the m-w.com users.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Blockbuster for rental by mail, Amazon for streaming. If you're a member of Amazon Prime streaming is free.

Also look into getting TCM on your TV cable service.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I was complaining about it all morning on Facebook. One of the reasons I stuck with Netflix for so long was that it combined streaming and DVD's, which prevented me from having to have two separate accounts where I had to search for titles twice as frequently.

The pricing should not have changed as they said it would not, but at this point, it may be better to switch to other services.

So, here's the question. What better DVD-by-mail services are there out there and what better Streaming services are there because I want to seriously consider switching my service.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Yes, and the cost is now $16 per month for the mail service and $16 per month for the streaming service.
danfrank
Assistant

Netflix becomes Netflix + Qwikster

Post by danfrank »

Netflix is dividing into 2 companies: Netflix to provide streaming video, while "Qwikster" will continue the mail service. There will now be two websites to navigate. I don't like this at all. Here's the link to Netflix's blog post about this: http://blog.netflix.com/

Return to “DVD Discussions”