Loving the Classics.com

stanlio
Graduate

Post by stanlio »

:cool: Hello

I am new here on the forum but would like to reply about Loving The Classics.com and my own experience.

I understand that they source films that have fallen into the Public Domain and provide what are more or less just "home-made" DVD copies

Some of the DVD copies are reasonably produced but others won't even play.When I made my last purchase in March 2010 that failed to play, I contacted them immediately.

No reply and no replacement and no refund to date.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

That's showbiz

stanlio

Edited By stanlio on 1276243345
"Hello, I must be going"... (Groucho Marx)
jit_kaizen_guy
Graduate

Post by jit_kaizen_guy »

Precious Doll wrote:Has anybody purchased anything from http://www.lovingtheclassics.com/

If so, what was the picture and sound quality like.
I have purchased from both ashfaults and lovingtheclassics. Ashfaults no longer exists. Lovingtheclassics seems pretty good though. As far as sound and picture quality, it varies by movie. These are public domain films, most of them come from original 8mm being transferred to disc.

I usually email asking about the quality before I buy. I have read that ashfaults and loving were slow. for me they did take about a month to arrive. However, it seems that lovingtheclassics is way faster now. I ordered an alan ladd film last week and recieved it already.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Thanks Magilla. I have purchased films from them once before. The quality was so poor on some of the discs that I didn't go back for seconds.

Someone from work put me onto this site and they have bought some films recently that they were very happy with, so I might give them a second chance.

Thanks again.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

This is the old Ashfault.com - picture and sound quality vary.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1268951730
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

Has anybody purchased anything from http://www.lovingtheclassics.com/

If so, what was the picture and sound quality like.

Edited By Precious Doll on 1268945465
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)

Return to “DVD Discussions”