Loving the Classics.com

ltclassics
Graduate

Post by ltclassics »

Hi everyone,

This is Dani with LovingtheClassics.com It has come to my attention that some people are still having trouble getting in touch with us. We have added some new contact options and I'm listing those below. If anybody on here has any issues that we have not handled to your satisfaction please get in touch with us at your earliest convenience. Thanks!

Email: lovingtheclassics@gmail.com (All emails are answered within 2 business days)

Voicemail: 216-539-5267

AOL Messenger: ltclassics (M-F 10 am - 4 pm EST)

Yahoo Messenger: ltcdotcom (M-F 10am - 4 pm EST)
DagwoodBumstead
Graduate

Post by DagwoodBumstead »

Recently tried to contact Loving the Classics by email and by personal message(s) here at the forum. So far have not been successful. If forum member "Dani" at Loving The Classics reads this please reply to my personal message(s) sent to you and/or email enquiries

Thankyou

Edited By DagwoodBumstead on 1297071003
If I ever forgot myself with that girl, I'd remember (Fred Astaire)
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Looking at all of the new members, 95% of them are spam bots. That's why I don't give everyone the ability to post without asking. And there is one thread that explains it in its description (obviously since I've gotten 3 or 4 PMs to approve posting rights in the last week)
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

The membership base has expanded to crazy numbers, but few of the new members actually post.

There are also numerous "guests", i.e. non-members who are looking at our posts at any given time. Some of them even try to post, but of course, they can;t. I'm not sure it's clear to everyone what they have to do in order to post.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Well, how do you know if you want to join if you can't read it?
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Sonic Youth wrote:To post, but not to read. It used to be that the board's content was blocked from view until you joined. Now that the board can be read by non-members, you can find specific discussions - like this one - through search engines, something you couldn't do before.

And this is a funny by-product of that recent adjustment.
So that's why I see so many new members lurking around but never posting.
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

To post, but not to read. It used to be that the board's content was blocked from view until you joined. Now that the board can be read by non-members, you can find specific discussions - like this one - through search engines, something you couldn't do before.

And this is a funny by-product of that recent adjustment.

Edited By Sonic Youth on 1295493340
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

I'm not even sure what you mean, Sonic. The board isn't public at all. Everyone has to request access to post still.
Wesley Lovell
Sonic Youth
Tenured Laureate

Post by Sonic Youth »

You never know what's going to happen when you open your message board up for public view. I don't know if the move increased membership of diehard cineastes and Oscar fans, but I bet this website is ranked #1 in Google searches for lovingtheclassics.com.

Maybe you should open a new forum, Oscar Guy? Where people can go for their customer service inquiries?

Edited By Sonic Youth on 1295487352
"What the hell?"
Win Butler
ltclassics
Graduate

Post by ltclassics »

Precious Doll wrote:I haven't bought anything from them since November 2007 and have no intention of ever purchasing anything from them in the future.
Hi,

I wanted to address your post regarding our company. In Nov. 2007 the business was owned by someone else and was operated under a different name. However I believe any issues experienced by customers, past or present, are the responsibility of the current business owner. Can you tell me what problem(s) you experienced? I would like the opportunity to fix this if I can. Please contact me either through this board or you can email us at lovingtheclassics@gmail.com

Thanks,

Dani
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Post by Precious Doll »

I haven't bought anything from them since November 2007 and have no intention of ever purchasing anything from them in the future.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
DagwoodBumstead
Graduate

Post by DagwoodBumstead »

Dropping the ball is NO excuse for NOT responding to a consumer's emails about NON RECEIPT of goods or damaged faulty goods. There ARE laws that govern long-distance selling and they are there to protect the hapless consumer, not the purveyor of faulty goods.

I contacted you "privately" to no avail about both. :cool:

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Time to pick up that "dropped ball" and play fair.
If I ever forgot myself with that girl, I'd remember (Fred Astaire)
ltclassics
Graduate

Post by ltclassics »

It has come to my attention that there are some issues on here that need to be addressed. We try to do everything we can to create a good shopping experience for our customers, but clearly we have dropped the ball now and then. Please contact us privately so we can assist you with any open issues.

Thanks,

Dani
LovingtheClassics.com
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Yes, it's a common complaint.

There used to be several other bootleg movie shops on the internet that provided better quality than Ashfault (now lovigntheclasics). Most of them have gone out of business, though a few of them, Mod Cinema for 50s and 60s films, Scooter in Virginia and Robert's Hard-to-Find videos in Canada still exist and still generally provide decent copies of old movies not available as commercial releases, but the quality varies. Copies are usually made from TV broadcasts or in some instances old laser disc or foreign DVDs.

The good news, though, is that we now have the Warner Archive and Sony (Columbia) is stepping up production of Movies of Demand. Universal is gingerly releasing their old films, including pre-1950 Paramount films, exclusively through TCM/Movies Unlimited. The Rock Hudson film, Never Say Goodbye is a Universal film and may pop up there in the coming months.

Edited By Big Magilla on 1292112621
TobyJ
Graduate

Post by TobyJ »

I have just recently purchased a DVD from "Loving The Classics" and I have to tell you, this is a pieced of junk, Garbage. These folks are nothing but con-artist. This is a rip-off site and the people behind it are no better than common criminals.

I purchased the DVD "Never Say Goodbye" starring Rock Hudson. Several weeks had passed and since I had neither received my order or heard anything about a back order I emailed LTC requesting info on my order. I emailed them three times and never received any response.

Finally the DVD arrived. The shipping envelope was in excellent condition but when I opened it, the DVD case was broken in several pieces so I knew it had been mailed in that condition.

The DVD wasn't damaged but when I played it, the sound was garbled in many sections all the way through - the DVD would skip passages about every 30 seconds and the movie would pause for about five to ten seconds. It would pause about every two or three minutes and these conditions,i.e., garbling, skipping and pausing, were prevalent the entire length of the movie. This DVD was terrible. It isn't even good enough quality to be called bad.

I immediately emailed them about the unsatisfactory condition of this item and requested info to return it for a refund credit. I have emailed them five times todate and as with the previous emails, no response. They absolutely refuse to acknowledge any emails, they have no phone number or snail mail address posted on their webiste. In other words, I have been ripped off. These people are nothing more than common criminals, low lifes feeding off the good folks who just want to enjoy the old classics they can't see on TV any more.

I would strongly urge anyone considering purchasing anything from "The Loving Classics" to reconsider. Your better off to spend five times the money and purchase your DVD from a reputable supplier such as "Movies Unlimited" or TCM and many others. If these folks don't have your selection, email them and ask them to try and get it and then wait.

Don't deal with "Loving The Classics". You'll get Ripped-Off.

TobyJ

Clickable Emoticons

:angry: I have just recently purchased a DVD from "Loving The Classics" and I have to tell you, this is a pieced of junk, Garbage. These folks are nothing but con-artist. This is a rip-off site and the people behind it are no better than common criminals.

I purchased the DVD "Never Say Goodbye" starring Rock Hudson. Several weeks had passed and since I had neither received my order or heard anything about a back order I emailed LTC requesting info on my order. I emailed them three times and never received any response.

Finally the DVD arrived. The shipping envelope was in excellent condition but when I opened it, the DVD case was broken in several pieces so I knew it had been mailed in that condition.

The DVD wasn't damaged but when I played it, the sound was garbled in many sections all the way through - the DVD would skip passages about every 30 seconds and the movie would pause for about five to ten seconds. It would pause about every two or three minutes and these conditions,i.e., garbling, skipping and pausing, were prevalent the entire length of the movie. This DVD was terrible. It isn't even good enough quality to be called bad.

I immediately emailed them about the unsatisfactory condition of this item and requested info to return it for a refund credit. I have emailed them five times todate and as with the previous emails, no response. They absolutely refuse to acknowledge any emails, they have no phone number or snail mail address posted on their webiste. In other words, I have been ripped off. These people are nothing more than common criminals, low lifes feeding off the good folks who just want to enjoy the old classics they can't see on TV any more.

I would strongly urge anyone considering purchasing anything from "The Loving Classics" to reconsider. Your better off to spend five times the money and purchase your DVD from a reputable supplier such as "Movies Unlimited" or TCM and many others. If these folks don't have your selection, email them and ask them to try and get it and then wait.

Don't deal with "Loving The Classics". You'll get Ripped-Off.

TobyJ
Help Cards: [ Emoticons :: iB Code ]
Maximum message length in characters: 76800
Options
Post Options Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to track this topic?

Posting Abilities

iB Code is on
Posting HTML is NOT allowed
[IMG] tag: Enabled
Maximum images per post: 10
Maximum emoticons per post: 5
Flash movie posting: Enabled
Maximum Flash movie width: 200
Maximum Flash movie height: 400
Dynamic image posting: Enabled

Last 10 Posts [ In reverse order ]

stanlio · Posted on Jun. 11 2010,2:50
Hello

I am new here on the forum but would like to reply about Loving The Classics.com and my own experience.

I understand that they source films that have fallen into the Public Domain and provide what are more or less just "home-made" DVD copies

Some of the DVD copies are reasonably produced but others won't even play.When I made my last purchase in March 2010 that failed to play, I contacted them immediately.

No reply and no replacement and no refund to date.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

That's showbiz

stanlio

jit_kaizen_guy · Posted on May 26 2010,10:34

(Precious Doll @ Mar. 18 2010,3:50)
Has anybody purchased anything from http://www.lovingtheclassics.com/

If so, what was the picture and sound quality like.
I have purchased from both ashfaults and lovingtheclassics. Ashfaults no longer exists. Lovingtheclassics seems pretty good though. As far as sound and picture quality, it varies by movie. These are public domain films, most of them come from original 8mm being transferred to disc.

I usually email asking about the quality before I buy. I have read that ashfaults and loving were slow. for me they did take about a month to arrive. However, it seems that lovingtheclassics is way faster now. I ordered an alan ladd film last week and recieved it already.
Precious Doll · Posted on Mar. 18 2010,4:25
Thanks Magilla. I have purchased films from them once before. The quality was so poor on some of the discs that I didn't go back for seconds.

Someone from work put me onto this site and they have bought some films recently that they were very happy with, so I might give them a second chance.

Thanks again.
Big Magilla · Posted on Mar. 18 2010,4:17
This is the old Ashfault.com - picture and sound quality vary.

Precious Doll · Posted on Mar. 18 2010,3:50
Has anybody purchased anything from http://www.lovingtheclassics.com/

If so, what was the picture and sound quality like.

Review the complete topic (launches new window)

© 2010 CinemaSight