DeepDiscount.com Sale

Penelope
Site Admin

Post by Penelope »

Okri wrote:Are Criterions cheaper now or have I just not been paying attention?
I just--2 minutes ago--received an email from Criterion--they're having a 40% off sale on in-stock DVDs.
"...it is the weak who are cruel, and...gentleness is only to be expected from the strong." - Leo Reston

"Cruelty might be very human, and it might be cultural, but it's not acceptable." - Jodie Foster
Okri
Tenured

Post by Okri »

Are Criterions cheaper now or have I just not been paying attention?
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

They're having their bi-annual sale. SUPERSALE is a working code to enter. If you want to do more than one order, SAVE, USATODAY, and NYTIMES should all also be working codes.

A few things to note.

First off, it's 25% off rather than the normal 20% off.

Secondly, several hundred of their MGM catalog titles are on sale for $5.99. The discount brings them down to $4.49. A lot of these are not very good, but they also have some interesting titles that I haven't seen like Cornel Wilde's Beach Red, Gillo Pontecorvo's Burn!, Richard Lester's Cuba, Ivan Passer's Cutter's Way, and Eric Rohmer's Pauline At the Beach, as well as some outright good or great movies like Six Degrees of Seperation, Dead Man Walking, The Claim, Another Woman, Eureka and Code 46. The link to the MGM sale is here.

Return to “DVD Discussions”