VHS Eulogy

Sabin
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Sabin »

He really is. I visit his blog as much as possible and I always leave feeling like I have Down's Syndrome.
"How's the despair?"
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

anonymous wrote:
Reza wrote:Is Zach Campbell (a.k.a. Johnny Guitar) the same Zach who ran another film related discussion board - forgetting the name - was it the Cinephile)? A very young, seriously opinionated film buff, totally lacking a sense of humor.

This is a very late response but I'll answer it: Yes, the same one. Yes, come to think of it, he is a tad humorless but I admire his intelligence and passion.
Au contraire. Zach is a very funny and very witty person with a great sense of humor, as well as being just about the most scarily smart person I know.
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Reza wrote:Is Zach Campbell (a.k.a. Johnny Guitar) the same Zach who ran another film related discussion board - forgetting the name - was it the Cinephile)? A very young, seriously opinionated film buff, totally lacking a sense of humor.
This is a very late response but I'll answer it: Yes, the same one. Yes, come to think of it, he is a tad humorless but I admire his intelligence and passion.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

Post by Reza »

Is Zach Campbell (a.k.a. Johnny Guitar) the same Zach who ran another film related discussion board - forgetting the name - was it the Cinephile)? A very young, seriously opinionated film buff, totally lacking a sense of humor.

I recall having a prickly relationship with him on that board - although he was generous enough NOT to throw me off it. I think I once compared him to Hitler which offended him greatly!
anonymous1980
Laureate

Post by anonymous1980 »

Zach Campbell (a.k.a. Johnny Guitar) wrote this very interesting article on the death of VHS.

It's an interesting read, methinks.

Return to “DVD Discussions”