8%
Ken Russell - Women in Love
25%

Total votes: 52

ksrymy
Adjunct

Re: Best Picture and Director 1970

Post by ksrymy »

Big Magilla wrote:It appears that all polls created before May 25, 2011 are closed. It also appears that all polls from 2012 forward allow for re-voting.

I updated all Best Actor polls from Best Actor 1968 to date and Best Actress from 2011 to date.
Any plans to do Supporting Actor?

When I have time.
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

It appears that all polls created before May 25, 2011 are closed. It also appears that all polls from 2012 forward allow for re-voting.

I updated all Best Actor polls from Best Actor 1968 to date and Best Actress from 2011 to date.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

The cut-off date appears to be May 25, 2011. That was the day the Best Actor of 1968 poll was created. Eventually all Best Actor polls from 1968 on, all Best Supporting Actor and all Best Picture and Director should be able to be changed once the option is allowed.
ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

Big Magilla wrote:Well, this ran into a bit of a crimp. Polls that were originally on a previous iteration of the board do not allow vote changes. That means that even if we change the option on the early polls including Best Actress of 1947 and Bess Supporting Actress of 1952, votes can't be changed. The cut-off seems to be sometime before 2011. Best Actress and Supporting Actress are cooked, but Best Actor, Supporting Actor, Picture and Director should be able to be changed once the option is set.
Not a big deal at all. Guess we're not allowed any revisionism which is appropriate since the Oscars themselves never allow for any.
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Well, this ran into a bit of a crimp. Polls that were originally on a previous iteration of the board do not allow vote changes. That means that even if we change the option on the early polls including Best Actress of 1947 and Bess Supporting Actress of 1952, votes can't be changed. The cut-off seems to be sometime before 2011. Best Actress and Supporting Actress are cooked, but Best Actor, Supporting Actor, Picture and Director should be able to be changed once the option is set.
ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

Big Magilla wrote:
ksrymy wrote:
ksrymy wrote:It's working for me. Thank you.
Correction: it works on most recent posts but, for example, if I wanted to switch my vote on Best Actress 1947 or Best Supporting Actress 1952, etc., I am not able to.

Probably an archival thing.
It will work on any poll where the option to change votes was invoked when the poll was created or changed to allow that option by a moderator. When I have time I'll go back and invoke the option on all the previous Oscar polls. For now, I'll just change the two you cited.
Thank you so very much. But, for the record, I clicked those two for no particular reason.
CalWilliam
Temp

Post by CalWilliam »

It works for me too. Thank you very much, Big Magilla and OscarGuy.
"Rage, rage against the dying of the light". - Dylan Thomas
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

ksrymy wrote:
Correction: it works on most recent posts but, for example, if I wanted to switch my vote on Best Actress 1947 or Best Supporting Actress 1952, etc., I am not able to.

It will work on any poll where the option to change votes was invoked when the poll was created or changed to allow that option by a moderator. When I have time I'll go back and invoke the option on all the previous Oscar polls. For now, I'll just change the two you cited.
ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

It's working for me. Thank you.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

I know. I've discussed it with Wesley. He's looking at several options for fixing the problem.
CalWilliam
Temp

Post by CalWilliam »

It hasn't been solved yet. Sorry for keep insisting.
ksrymy
Adjunct

Post by ksrymy »

I'd just like to chime in saying I've had this struggle for years. Glad it's going to be rectified.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

OK, I see the problem. I'll discuss it with Wesley.
CalWilliam
Temp

Post by CalWilliam »

Big Magilla wrote:
CalWilliam wrote:I'd like to change my vote here and I don't have that option available. My original votes were to Robert Altman and M*A*S*H, but after some growth and reconsideration, I should change them to Ken Russell and Five Easy Pieces, easily the best offered in this selection. In general, I can't change my vote in any poll. Thank you all.
The option is there. Did you uncheck your original choices as well as checking your new ones?
I don't know how to do that. Unchecking is not possible for me. Maybe it has something to do with my board status. I'm sorry for bothering, but I've been wondering about this for quite a while. Has someone else the same problem?

Return to “The Damien Bona Memorial Oscar History Thread”