Sydney Greenstreet - The Maltese Falcon
32%

Total votes: 22

nightwingnova
Assistant

Re: Best Supporting Actor 1941

Post by nightwingnova »

I'm off topic.

But, I wanted to express my gratitude and jubilence at being a part of this board.

Not only have I been able to put together a good record of the nation's top film critics' thoughts on the best films, film performances, etc., I have also the benefit of serious film lovers' thoughts on other notable movies and the performances within them.

There is just too many movies out there and I don't have the patience or desire anymore to watch mundane and mediocre ones. But here, with folks who see film as an art and not generally willing to indulge in fan boy sentiment or to set low standards, I have benefited greatly with your counsel.

Netflix may not be too happy with me as I have marked so many of their suggestions as "not interested." But, I won't have to slosh through them and can instead focus on movies that will make me happy. :)
ksrymy
Adjunct

Best Supporting Actor 1941

Post by ksrymy »

No need to individually eliminate each candidate and talk about how each is lovely or terrible.

Because Sydney Greenstreet is on the list.

Easiest vote of the Supporting Actor polls so far (for me at least)
"Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Return to “The Damien Bona Memorial Oscar History Thread”