Feud: Ryan Murphy mentions Damien

1927/28 through 1997
flipp525
Laureate

Re: Ryan Murphy mentions Damien

Post by flipp525 »

I saw that and wanted to run here to share with everyone too. What a wonderful tribute to Damien it shall be (this show has been terrific). Tonight's episode of Feud is the big Oscar episode with Joan Crawford (Jessica Lange) accepting Anne Bancroft's Oscar for The Miracle Worker much to Bette Davis's (Susan Sarandon) chagrin. So this is pretty much must-see TV for the UAADB.

The remaining episodes of the series will focus on the fallout of the Joan's Oscar scheme as well as the troubled shooting of Hush, Hush...Sweet Charlotte.
Last edited by flipp525 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The mantle of spinsterhood was definitely in her shoulders. She was twenty five and looked it."

-Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
Cinemanolis
Adjunct

Feud: Ryan Murphy mentions Damien

Post by Cinemanolis »

From an article in Deadline, concerning the upcoming episode of "Feud" set during the 1963 Oscars

"Ryan Murphy said the idea for the episode began with his lifelong obsession with the Oscars, and especially a book called Inside Oscar written by Mason Wiley and Damien Bona (both now deceased), which goes into great juicy detail about each year’s race. Its subhead is “the unofficial history of the Oscars” because the Academy would never give them permission either. “This was always my favorite chapter of the book, which was the Joan and Bette year, because I just couldn’t believe that Joan Crawford did what she did. You know the idea that she would get permission from all those ladies to accept if they won and then would physically campaign against Bette Davis, even though it probably cost her a couple million dollars because they were profit participants in the film,” he said. It didn’t matter to her and she even showed up with Mamacita, the woman who worked for her and a lot of assistants who helped her turn the green room into her own private space, even installing a Pepsi machine because her husband had run the company and she was now on the board. “I literally had to look it up like three times to make sure that it was accurate when we started writing it, but she also literally dressed up as sort of a silver Oscar so that she could pull focus from the actual gold statuettes in case Bette Davis won,” he said incredulously."

Full article
http://deadline.com/2017/03/1963-academ ... 202057360/

Return to “The Damien Bona Memorial Oscar History Thread”