R.I.P. Jonathan Crombie

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
dws1982
Emeritus

Re: R.I.P. Jonathan Crombie

Post by dws1982 »

All females of a certain age (mid-20's to mid-40's) who I'm friends with on Facebook are torn up over this. As the only boy in a family with two older sisters, my sisters watched Anne of Green Gables quite a bit back in the day, and I found him (as well as the entire cast really) a very solid, likable presence.
Reza
Laureate Emeritus

R.I.P. Jonathan Crombie

Post by Reza »

April 18, 2015 | 12:00PM PT Variety by staff

Jonathan Crombie, who co-starred in the “Anne of Green Gables” movies, has died.
He was 48.

Crombie’s sister told CBC News that her brother suffered a brain hemorrhage and died in New York City on Wednesday.

The actor played love interest Gilbert Blythe in CBC’s Anne of Green Gables miniseries.

“He was funny, he was sweet,” his sister said. “He loved acting, he loved comedy and singing and dancing. As a little kid, he just loved Broadway shows and all of that kind of stuff and would sing and dance in the living room.”
Crombie, born in Canada, was also the son of ex-Toronto mayor David Crombie.

He appeared in several TV shows over the past 20 years including “The Good Wife” and “21 Jump Street.”

Return to “The People”