R.I.P. Warren Berlinger

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Warren Berlinger

Post by Big Magilla »

I remembered that he was in the original 1946 production of Annie Get Your Gun, forgot that he he was Milton Berle's nephew.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

To prove you never know what you'll find if you look into people, I discover that Berlinger also:

Made his Broadway debut at age 9 in Annie Get Your Gun

Appeared in several other Broadway plays that were made into movies (in addition to A Roomful of Roses, which became Teenage Rebel): Take a Giant Step (which we noted a while back, when Johnny Nash died), Anniversary Waltz (filmed as Happy Anniversary), and Come Blow Your Horn, where he played the brother role Tony Bill played on-stage

! Nephew of Milton Berle !
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Post by Big Magilla »

Pre-Blue Denim he made a strong impression in Teenage Rebel, the film version of the play in which he met his future wife, Betty Lou Keim (1938-2010) who was also featured in the film.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Post by Mister Tee »

Another name from the Abby Dalton era.

For some reason, I became attached to him after seeing him in a Disney Sunday night series called Kilroy. I know he co-starred with Patty Duke in a movie called Billie, which I never saw. After that, as far as I was concerned, he drifted to oblivion -- though I now note that I've seen him in half a dozen films over the years without realizing it. (Had IMDB existed in that time, I'd have tracked every step.) And, sometime over the last decade, I saw him in the scandalous-in-its-day Blue Denim, which predated Kilroy.

Because I have friends whose names you wouldn't know, but have maintained working-actor status over several decades, my respect for such people is quite pronounced, regardless of the anonymity in which they strove.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

R.I.P. Warren Berlinger

Post by Big Magilla »

Gone at 83. Surely, you've seen him in one or more of his 115 credits from 1955-2016.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebr ... uxbndlbing

Return to “The People”