Directors Through Netflix

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
OscarGuy
Site Admin

Post by OscarGuy »

Stanley Kubrick has long been one of my favorite directors. I made it my mission to watch every Kubrick film I could get my hands on. I have almost done so. I have his three oldest films (The Killing, Spartacus, and Paths of Glory left to watch).

I was also very close to finishing the Quentin Tarantino line of films (I'm going to be watching Reservoir Dogs soon and put Four Rooms into my queue, and yes I know he only directed one segment).

So, what I've thought about doing is catching up on all those directors I've admired or those whose films I've never seen.

So, to balance with a poll of sorts, I want your suggestions on directors who you think I should see their entire body of work.

Here are the rules. Rank the 10 best directors of all time (yes, they can include the above directors). At the end of this coming week, I will be compiling a final list of directors from which I will begin watching films or finishing out collections if I have not yet seen them.
Wesley Lovell
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

Return to “The People”