Ham Actor Goes Nutzoid

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
dws1982
Emeritus

Post by dws1982 »

What's with his daughters being drawn to much younger men? Mira Sorvino (who's pushing forty), married a guy around my age. And now this girl was dating a guy fifteen years younger.
-----------------------------------------------
Police chief: Sorvino was legally armed

STOWE, Vt. - "Goodfellas" actor
Paul Sorvino, who pulled a gun on his daughter Amanda's ex-boyfriend in a confrontation, was allowed to carry it and never pointed it at the man, police Chief Ken Kaplan said Wednesday.

Amanda Sorvino, 36, told a Monroe County judge in Stroudsburg, Pa., on Tuesday, that she had locked herself in a bathroom and called both police and her father after the man pounded on her Stowe Motel room door and made threats on Jan. 3.

"He got in my father's face and said, `Go ahead, Paul, shoot, I ain't done nothing wrong,'" Amanda Sorvino testified. The judge granted her request for a protection-from-abuse order against Daniel Snee, 21, of Effort, Pa.

Sorvino, a deputy sheriff in Pennsylvania, is entitled to carry a weapon from state to state, Kaplan said.

"He expressly stated there was no way through his training that he aimed the gun at this person, he didn't even threaten him," Kaplan said of Sorvino. "He just said, `I have a gun, I want you to stay away from my daughter, back off,' because the guy was out of control, and he was."

An affidavit filed by Stowe police Officer Frederick Whitcomb said Amanda Sorvino had broken up with Snee earlier that night.

After being arrested, a handcuffed Snee escaped through an open window of a police cruiser and was found hiding in trees behind the motel about an hour later, the affidavit said. He was charged with escape and disorderly conduct.

The affidavit said Snee had a blood alcohol content of 0.175, more than double the legal limit for driving in Vermont.

He was being held Wednesday at the St. Johnsbury Regional Correctional Facility in lieu of $5,000 bail.

Paul Sorvino starred in 1982's "That Championship Season." His film credits also include "Goodfellas" and "The Cooler."

He is also the father of Mira Sorvino, who won an Oscar for her role in Woody Allen's 1995 comedy "Mighty Aphrodite."
Damien
Laureate

Post by Damien »

DAUGHTER: SORVINO PULLED GUN IN DISPUTE

Jan 17, 1:17 AM (ET)
STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) - "Goodfellas" actor Paul Sorvino pulled a gun on his daughter's ex-boyfriend after the man pounded on her hotel door and made threats, the daughter testified Tuesday.

"He got in my father's face and said, 'Go ahead, Paul, shoot, I ain't done nothing wrong,'" Amanda Sorvino, 36, told a Monroe County judge. The judge granted her request for a protection-from-abuse order against Daniel Snee, 21.

Amanda Sorvino testified Snee threatened to kill her at a hotel Jan. 3 in Stowe, Vt.; she said she locked herself in the bathroom and called both police and her father. Her 67-year-old father showed up before police, she testified. When police arrived, the young man was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, she said.

Sorvino said that she met Snee when he was hired to care for her horses and that they began dating, but that the relationship soured. She said he then began threatening her, and her father "if he ever got in the way."

Sorvino testified that although the threat happened in another state, she wanted a court order that would protect her at another home she has in Monroe County. The order lasts for three years.

Snee could not be reached for comment because he was jailed in Vermont, it was not immediately clear if he has lawyer.

Paul Sorvino, the star of 1982's "That Championship Season," did not accompany his daughter to court Tuesday. His screen credits also include roles in "Goodfellas" and "The Cooler."

He is also the father of Mira Sorvino, who won an Oscar for her role in Woody Allen's 1995 comedy "Mighty Aphrodite."
"Y'know, that's one of the things I like about Mitt Romney. He's been consistent since he changed his mind." -- Christine O'Donnell

Return to “The People”