R.I.P. Scotty Bowers

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Re: R.I.P. Scotty Bowers

Post by Precious Doll »

Big Magilla wrote:Hmmm. Wonder if he'll make Oscar's In Memoriam list. Not the one broadcast, but the extended one posted on Oscar.com.
For services rendered to former (and possibly some very old current) members of the Academy.

He honestly seemed like a really nice guy but I just found some of his stories (particularly one about Charles Laughton) hard to believe. And before anyone asks what it is I'm not saying anything except to Google it if you are really interested but I take no responsibility if you are disgusted by what you read.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Scotty Bowers

Post by Big Magilla »

Hmmm. Wonder if he'll make Oscar's In Memoriam list. Not the one broadcast, but the extended one posted on Oscar.com.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

R.I.P. Scotty Bowers

Post by Precious Doll »

Best known for his 'memories' of Hollywood (I consider his book Full Service: My Adventures in Hollywood and the Secret Lives of the Stars largely a time waster as most of the gossip is either well known or completely unbelievable).

He was also the subject of the 2017 documentary Scott and the Secret History of Hollywood.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/n ... ssion=true
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)

Return to “The People”