R.I.P. Andre Previn

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Andre Previn

Post by Big Magilla »

Mister Tee wrote:Four Oscars for orchestrating other people's music -- I wonder how he felt about that.

And a reminder that Mia Farrow wasn't always the standard-bearer for the sanctity of marriage.
Still better to be remembered for that than for being Woody Allen's father-in-law.

When was Mia Farrow ever regarded as a standard-bearer for the sanctity of marriage? Her first marriage to Sinatra was pretty much of a joke in the day and she broke up Previn's marriage to previous wife and fellow composer Dory who famously wrote "Beware of Young Girls" in response.
Mister Tee
Tenured Laureate

Re: R.I.P. Andre Previn

Post by Mister Tee »

Four Oscars for orchestrating other people's music -- I wonder how he felt about that.

And a reminder that Mia Farrow wasn't always the standard-bearer for the sanctity of marriage.
Big Magilla
Site Admin

R.I.P. Andre Previn

Post by Big Magilla »

The legendary composer and arranger who received eleven Oscar nominations and four wins, all but one of them before his volatile marriage to Mia Farrow, has died at 89.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ser-901636

Return to “The People”