June Lockhart played Lassie?

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Re: June Lockhart played Lassie?

Post by Precious Doll »

Big Magilla wrote:

For those who don't know, Lassie was a dog. She played her owner, Ruth Martin, not the dog and not in Lost in Space. Her character's name in Lost in Space was Maureen Robinson. Who proofs this stuff?
Nobody I'd say. Just like newspaper and magazines. The number of errors I see in the news media is an utter disgrace and film magazines are just as bad.
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Big Magilla
Site Admin

June Lockhart played Lassie?

Post by Big Magilla »

I was scrolling through one of those on-line things about old actors and actresses who are still with us and came across this gem about June Lockhart who made her film debut in the 1938 version of A Christmas Carol in scenes with her parents, Gene and Kathleen Lockhart as the Cratchits.

She became more widely known in such 1940s films as The White Cliffs of Dover, Meet Me in St. Louis and The She-Wolf of London before she became a TV star in the 1950s and 1960s, most notably as the mothers in Lassie and Lost in Space. Not in this thing, however, where it said she became well-known playing Lassie in Lost in Space.

For those who don't know, Lassie was a dog. She played her owner, Ruth Martin, not the dog and not in Lost in Space. Her character's name in Lost in Space was Maureen Robinson. Who proofs this stuff?

Return to “The People”