R.I.P. Nicolas Roeg

Whether they are behind the camera or in front of it, this is the place to discuss all filmmakers regardless of their role in the filmmaking process.
Precious Doll
Emeritus

Re: R.I.P. Nicolas Roeg

Post by Precious Doll »

I must admit I was most shocked by Roeg's death I think because he is one of a handful of directors who was helped me fall in love with cinema and their numbers are dwindling. I had just gotten out of bed and was still tired to I didn't write anything when I posted the link. I've always said Ken Russell was my favourite film director but that I thought Nicolas Roeg was the best ever film director. Like Russell, he had an incredible run of films spanning about 20 years and was than largely regulated to forgettable TV movies and the odd feature film, none of which showed the flair of his work from Performance (1970) to Cold Heaven (1991).

Here is a good piece by Peter Bradshaw of The Guardian. The comments from readers are a great read as well:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/n ... brilliance
"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)
Precious Doll
Emeritus

R.I.P. Nicolas Roeg

Post by Precious Doll »

"I want cement covering every blade of grass in this nation! Don't we taxpayers have a voice anymore?" Peggy Gravel (Mink Stole) in John Waters' Desperate Living (1977)

Return to “The People”